gs thou tanks

unobtanium ...........  if you have one kicking about , cheap or free let me know . ill be posting some pics of a few ive fixed  and im using the repaired base from one tank to fix the next ,and so on .. i could do with a couple of donor tanks for sections for repairs .. i charge fck all for fixing em so , NO, i dont want your £400 tank thanks ...

IMAG0719.jpg

• Like 4

these things are fkin breeding , lots of welding done this week , hopefully four leak free tanks are the result , when i find my filler cap i will pressure test em get em painted and returned to their very patient owners ........ sorry for the wait fellas ,sticking shit together isn't as easy as it looks  lol

• Like 1

that tank base came out of this piece of shite ,the middle section is solid .as with most others but the sides rot like pigs so it would be good to have a repaired bottom ,,,,ooeerrr missus , to slap into a waiting tank ...  first side of ally tank press tool is almost upon us  too YJ , ill post some pics if the test piece comes out looking anything like a tank ..

rustytank.jpg

• Like 2

Kev i think you should have your own tank section considering how you have repaired several and made the Ally Kat tank, And yes i know you do not charge much but your quality of work is superb and i'm sure people will pay more considering the final outcomeB|

• Like 2

very kind of you GSRacer  i will accept your offer willingly ...  ahhhhhh   the spirit of OSS  , its alive and well ..... i know exactly what you mean Funkymonkracing  , too many people just out on the make , and i dont mean the genuine people just selling something to raise cash , its the people who would willingly accept something  for free knowing they fully intend to go out and rip some one off .

great repair job, do you use tig, or braze the repair panels in?

Yes ........both ............................................  tig brazing now .... ive used Mig for years but acquired some SifSilCopper Tig rods and these are fantastic for the rather thin metal used in gs1000 tanks .

• Like 1

I have just come across them, I was looking at trying to use tig for brazing as I don't have a gas set up any more and want tig for more general fabrication.  Can you achieve the traditional stacked coins brazed look with tig brazing, or is it less likely because of the smaller area of shielding gas ? I have a lot to learn. 

I have been trying to get hold of a gs1000 tank for a (slow start) project. But if they can be fixed as well as you are doing, there's hope yet.

• Like 1

@alexl , stacked coins ,,,,,, all i can say is not consistently ,no ,, although im only doing very this metal and the aim was to make it fluid tight , looking pretty didnt enter into it , sifsilcopper  is  copper brazing for tig and can be used without flux ,but i tried it with flux too ,and its better with flux for very thin steel , ill give it a try on some thicker stuff and see how it comes out ..  sorry about the quality of the pic , crap phone camera , this is with flux .

IMAG1134.jpg