Starting high comp EFE with big cc's

Havoc

49 minutes ago, vizman said:

or be real kool (and brave) try and talk Suzan into carrying a starter trolly around with her.

Suzanne has lifted GS1000 s off me in Spain, Italy and Helston, but she was young then. She bumped the old GS every morning, when my old knacker was charging everyone else's batteries. She's gorgeous, but naahhh.

1339076537_vf750suzannesbum(2).jpg.a06859280177a7dab7f5d743111f5c92.jpg

• Like 4

I replaced all the spindly original cables for freely acquired 16mm2 cables.

Using a newer 1250 Bandit starter relay.

I also use a 750 starter motor cause its what was on it when purchased, they are a electromagnet type stator not the permanent magnet type.

Dunno if it is good bad or indifferent but no issues on the 1260.

Just the usual starter clutch bolt munching.

Also as the 1100 alternator is limited and having alot more power draw 1260/EFI I put two batteries a lithium 290cca and a new bandit 230cca for a 'theoretical' 520cca.

and a bit of AmpH reserve, nearly two years and no flat battery or poor starting.

Also put a Shindegen reg/rec off the Bandit too.

Cheers Andrew.

IMG_1915 - Copy.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Another idea is put two batteries on and run them in series for the starter motor, gives 24 volts at starter and spins over a lot easier, run rest of electrics off just one of the batteries.Did this on our dragbike without any problem 13/1 comp.

Cheers SRR

Edited by Screwriverracing
Mistake woops