Engine noise during acceleration??

Hi all, wondering if you can help being the experts n all. 

Got a b12, 2002, 20,000 miles and I'm getting a a really annoying knocking / rattling noise on acceleration. Initially I thought it was detonation due to fitting the ignitech, but it still happens when using standard CDI.

Bike is pretty much standard except stage 3 dynojet, pods and exhaust.

The noise isn't there at start or idle, or revving freely. It comes in initially about 2000rpm, then goes, then comes back about 2500-3000rpm, then goes, then comes back between 4-6000rpm albeit quieter, at these revs it sounds more like a grumble than a knocky rattle.

It is apparent in all gears, comes and goes quiet to loud to quiet, extremely consistent with revs. It's not there when I pull the clutch in. It seems to get louder the further the throttle is opened, but disappears with clutch.

Its really doing my head in, and seemed to get louder when I changed the headers, but I've tightened and checked for leaks and nothing.

Please help!!

i can hear it, it sounds like something is vibrating somewhere, check all engine mounting bolts are tight, when you here the noise try holding things like the tank and fairing see if that helps. the 1200's have an anti vib rubber thing bolted to the frame, on the mk1 its behind the head stock but i think the mk2 is at the back of the frame somewhere !!!!   

26 minutes ago, bluedog59 said:

I can't hear anything but from your description I would have a check of the gearbox output shaft bearing and possibly the one behind the clutch. 

the output shaft isn't turning when the noise happens. its just in gear with the clutch in. 

54 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

the output shaft isn't turning when the noise happens. its just in gear with the clutch in. 

I was going off his description as I can't hear anything in the video. I would still give those bearing a check, it's a B12 so it's probably been wheelied a few times. I've had the one behind the clutch go before.

1 minute ago, bluedog59 said:

I was going off his description as I can't hear anything in the video. I would still give those bearing a check, it's a B12 so it's probably been wheelied a few times. I've had the one behind the clutch go before.

yeah i know the feeling, had the same thing on my gsxr1100, the needle bearing on the clutch side collapsed and the outer race on the outer roller bearing snapped in half !!!!! it was just held together by the crankcases.