Wheels n brakes shhhhhh.

Having searched the forum and.info and much of the Internet for the past week or so I still find myself confused and in need of assistance. 

I'm looking to stick a 17" front wheel in the gsxr1100 W? USD forks on my ET in place of the 19" in there at the moment.

It's fitted with brand new EBC md1153x discs and I'm hoping I can get a particular wheel that allows me to use these as I can do without the expense of buying others. The md1153x discs seem to be specced for 2004/2005 CBR 1000rr  (girlsblouse?) Fireplace according to a few sites Found here

The discs by my measurements are 310 mm, 5mm thick. 

From the inside face of the disc to the wheel mounting face seems to me to be 5mm. It's this bit that throws a spanner in the works for me. Is there a wheel that will take this "offset" disc rather than just a "flat" one? 

The distance between the inside faces of both discs seems to be 125mm. The German website above says the "offset" is 12.7mm whatever that relates to?? 

I know from reading on here that to fit some wheel /disc combos I might need spacers on the calipers. I'd rather avoid doing that if I can.

Would you say I'm pretty safe with a B12 wheel in there? GSXR? Any year? Any one in particular? Any to definitely not get? 

Advice gratefully accepted. Ta. 

Edited by Algernon
Fat fingers

The offset of a disc is from the mounting surface to the disc itself

You should be able to find a compatible 17" wheel, if the one you find places the discs any closer together you will indeed have to use spacers to position the calipers accordingly.

They are probably not going to me more than 5mm it's really no problem

I fitted kawasaki discs on the slabside 18 inch in 1100RW USD forks on my katana at some point and just pushed the calipers inside with 7 or 8mm spacers and it was fine

Edited by Joseph