1 Mile GSXR 1100L

RichB

Evening guys & girls.

Thought i would start a new thread for the new GSXR. 

I will try & keep the story short as can be...

A few of you may have seen my thread on my 1100M. Which was a ‘keeper’. 
However, as is often the case, once i had pretty much ‘finished’ getting it to the condition i wanted, the mind starts to wander & you wonder ‘whats next’?

I had zero intention of selling it, i have just sold my 93 Blade to a friend/customer/collector & mentioned i had thought about selling the M but could not bring myself to do it.

He made me an offer that was incredibly hard to refuse, i told him to let me think on it so i could be 100% i was making the right decision. 

And at this point, lets go back a few years - a friend of mine contacted me and asked ‘what is a 1990 GSXR 1100 worth with 0.8mile on the clock’? 

Long story short, my friend is not a huge bike guy and made an offer on this bike which was not near enough to tempt the guy to sell. So around 2 years ago i managed to have a phone conversation with the owner of the bike, who told me it simply was not for sale & never would be. I left it at that & somehow lost the guys number. Then around 6 months ago i found his details & emailed him, to let him know i wanted to make him an offer to buy his bike, safe to say i heard nothing back & assumed that it would never become mine so kind of forgot about it.

Anyway, after a week of pondering the offer on my 1100M, i decided i would let it go, and would likely spend the money on the house. So i got in touch with my friend, and let him know the 1100M is yours.

He was happy, my Mrs was happy, and to a degree i was happy.

A couple of days after agreeing, i got a call from the owner of the 0.8mile 1100L out of the blue. ‘You emailed me a while back, whats your offer’? So made an offer to which he agreed was a very good offer, and he would give it some thought. 

After a week he messaged to let me know, thanks but no thanks, if it was £5k more then maybe. Which would make it very expensive. I left it a night, spoke to the Mrs & she is incredibly cool, telling me to just get it. 

I upped my offer, not quite the amount he had asked but still by a good chunk. He again said he would think about it, and i gave up hope after a few messages sent to him went un replied. Then on Thursday i got the 1100M out the house and to the showroom ready for final fiddly bits followed by delivery to the new owner. Once out the house, i kind of thought - what have i done.

As a last ditch attempt i sent a picture of the 1100M to the owner of the 1100L and asked ‘know of any low mileage 1100L’s to replace this’? 

To which i received a call saying, the 1100L is yours buddy!! 

Caught me totally by surprise! 
Extremely happy, and cannot wait for it to arrive! 

Sorry for such a long introduction to the bike. A few teaser pictures.

21054E74-881A-4108-A95F-DAF4B8D9F750.jpeg

9512FFAF-DB15-4AD6-BE94-4729A076D5EC.jpeg

B1F1861D-B739-4684-BC75-C92417E9E4CB.jpeg

Edited by RichB
  • Like 5
32 minutes ago, Spazpecker said:

Are you going to keep it with no miles on? I guess this is an investment bike and pretty unrepeatable.  It looks cracking, I like the later colour scheme.  

Just take the inner bit out of the speedo cable. It'll then stay an 0.8 mile bike for as long as required O.o.

• Like 3

I think the bike was  originally bought by the same type of people who only “ get off “ on the ooohhh factor of telling a story ..... so it will never be ridden .... only gazed upon by other “ ooohhh , aaaahhh” types who always seem to put a value on things . 

• Like 2

I totally expected the comments, yes bikes are to be ridden, yes its stock, yes it is staying stock & ‘boring’, yes it wont get used.

But to have a ‘as new’ 31 year old bike, preserved as it left the factory, is no bad thing at all. 

Different strokes for different folks, my last 1100M i stripped & rebuilt it as new, i love them all - modified, stock, ridden, used an ornaments, whatever is your thing. I have other bikes to use so this one will simply be detailed & then live in the house. 

To me an 1100L in blue & white has very strong sentimental value, so why not have ‘the best example’ possibly in the world, just to look at & reminisce. The fact it is a great investment for my kids is a bonus too.

For those interested, i will post proper pictures once i have it back here with me.  

The owner of a dealership kept the bike from new, along with various other bikes too. It is still with him to this day and has never been used. It has been kept in the dealership so ideal storage condition (in terms of temperature & humidity). 

• Like 1