Rs vs fcr vs tmr carbs

Foz

29 minutes ago, MeanBean49 said:

Yup, and in all honesty unless your at top level and every minimal gain makes a difference, your money is better spent on good suspension and time on setup. I went back to bst's with my race bike because the 3bhp I gained at peak was not worth the constant fettling and maintenance to keep it running right. Good smooth consistant reliable performance from standard carbs makes much more sense to me.

All this makes total sense but.............having said that I do fancy a set of FCR's :banana:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Evoluzione said:

I'll bet u shit yourself as the penny dropped  ... when u saw all them pics !!!!

You asked for it,could'nt resist

There was one pic....with some second hand bits n’bobs....takes a bit more than half a cup of piss weak coffee to make me shit me’sen.

Gou ni itte wa, gou ni shitagae

Yeah true, theres alot of good points made for the justification of expensive carbs....for me it was more of an experiment to see the difference in performance, cause i had collected all 3 types of carbs over the years.

Personally, for the road i prefer the TMR's....more refined and smoother operation,  plus they have a choke for easier starting.

It all started as shits and giggles, but i decided to start racing in the Classic superbike series in europe, and i wanted to see how far i could get the ol 750 slingy to maximum performance, similar to the power levels they had back in the day.

I think the yoshi teams had 135-140BHP from their 750 oil burners back then. Thats a considerable amount when they start with approx 100BHP. And when u think carbs can add an extra 10-20BHP, i think their are good value for money.

You obviously need some head work for them to work effectively but hence the dyno run to compare the differences.

The FCR's have been rebuilt and new ignition fitted, So in a few months it will go back on the same dyno and find out what the outcome is.

Im hoping to crack the 135BHP with a bit of tuning and fettling....well see 

• Like 1