Bandit fueling advise

Jdeac

I always thought the idea of a run on the dyno was for the operator to sort the fuelling out to the optimum or at least the best compromise. Forgive me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the adjustments be made by the operator and then another run to confirm settings going in the right direction ? Seems strange to come away and still be 'guessing' where to go with settings.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Jdeac said:

It was just a power run. To see what was what. No tuning.

Sounds like dyno guy doesnt actually know what hes on about.

Take it somewhere that does know and have them do the setup too would be my advice

If its a stock motor, the 133bhp figure is most likely an uncorrected crank figure

Edited by MeanBean49
2 minutes ago, Jdeac said:

Is it right that the Afr should be between the red and green lines?? This is all new to me. Never had a bike on a dyno. And have done the jetting myself through lockdowns etc.

Yeah wants to be about 13.1 right through which should be centre of the red and green, within that band is close enough. 

Looking at how rich yours is going main jets are far too big as a start.

17 hours ago, Jdeac said:

Is it right that the Afr should be between the red and green lines?? This is all new to me. Never had a bike on a dyno. And have done the jetting myself through lockdowns etc.

I wondered what they were ? ? ?  As I couldn't read the side bar numbers they were meaningless - below the bottom line just looked like regular AF trace!

So with carbs your never going to get it perfect all the way through the rev range but should get it near enough. 

The main jet 3/4 to full throttle 

Needle/slide   1/4 to 3/4 

And pilot jet and screw , idle to 1/4  

Just a rough guide but there is a slight overlap  . So if you reduce your mains by a measurable amount it will then have a slight affect say over half throttle . 

As the previous replies the top end is rich you want to reduce the mains and then work from there .

From memory my bandit with pod filters and a full Akrapovic system was 150 mains .