Donington Classic Festival 31st July- 1st August

Paulm

1 hour ago, SiBag said:

I have seen on other forums FB pages etc a roll call for bikes.

I believe the VJMC need a list of bikes and owner in about four weeks.

Have we had paperwork through from them?

Yes mate,I've sent it back,we can amend anything as it goes along.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Wagola said:

@PaulmHI Paul, hopefully uploading some photo's but I don't think this ready to be 'shown' yet.

20210420_145358.jpg

20210420_145422.jpg

Don't have to be shiny or finished,if you are interested in bringing it,I'll keep it in mind,took my GS project bike the last time we were there,part built bikes give the general public an idea of what goes into building our bikes.

Should be a bit further along by then but I'm sure you'll have better bikes to show. But yeah , keep me in mind. Should start a thread really in Special Frames. Or if anyone else needs a bike bringing along to show from the Peterborough area then I have space in a van to help with transport.

22 hours ago, Wagola said:

Should be a bit further along by then but I'm sure you'll have better bikes to show. But yeah , keep me in mind. Should start a thread really in Special Frames.

Yes start a thread & bring it along. I would be very interested as would many others for a look see. 

23 hours ago, Wagola said:

Should be a bit further along by then but I'm sure you'll have better bikes to show. But yeah , keep me in mind. Should start a thread really in Special Frames. Or if anyone else needs a bike bringing along to show from the Peterborough area then I have space in a van to help with transport.

It's not about being better,it's about what we build and ride,message me your real name and I'll add you to this list.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, carlinmidarlin said:

Is this event still going ahead, if so we’re can you get tickets from

cheers

If it's on and not pissing it down just turn up and pay on the gate like in the oldskool days.

Edited by Dezza
  • 1 month later...

Ok everyone,the Donington show has been cancelled by the VJMC due to MSV wanting exhibitors to pay to show their bikes,the VJMC are trying to organise a show at Croft later in the year now,also as we were going to Donington that weekend anyway,there is talk of a weekend at Squires to replace Donington,I'll put a thread for both events when I know more.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, clivegto said:

Squires is a lot closer for me. Shame about Donington though. 

Agreed Clive,all is not lost yet,they have said we can now go free,but the VJMC organise it for us and it's their call,watch this space.

Right,just been informed the VJMC are going to tell MSV at Donington we won't be going,MSV have caused quite a bit of upset over this so it's not a surprise really,they did this to us a couple of year's ago,so it looks like Donington will not be going ahead again at all in the future with the VJMC organising it for us and my own view is if they want us to pay they can fook off,all the clubs and forums that show bikes on the Loop do so at their own time and expense and the public enjoy our little show there.

There is something being put together in the background for a meet at Squires hopefully on the same weekend as people have already booked time off from work etc. I'll put the info in a new thread when I get it.

• Like 1

Do these money grabbing fuckers really think about anything else when they come up with these stupid ideas? They're so engrossed in their little world of money counts for everything they haven't even got the gumption to work out the potential fallout of their actions.

It pissed me off to think of how much time and effort that the likes of @Paulmand others ,not only on this group but many others put into these events only to be kicked in the teeth by these greedy bastards! Well good on everyone who says enough!

Edited by eddiegsx
  • Like 1