Need Info on a replacement part for a discontinued part

Hi Gang,

So, it looks like Suzuki discontinued this particular part, P/N: 37200-45C22 which is the right-hand switchgear from a 89 GSXR1100.

I'm trying to find a replacement part that would plug into my 1989 GSXR1100 wiring harness without a bunch of modifications, cutting, splicing, and soldering.

I'm not having any luck in my search, and I think it's because of the age of this stuff.

I'd like to stay away from used parts (if possible). I'm allergic to used electrical parts and I have a "just say no" policy when it comes to them.

All of the electrical items (except for the wiring harness) I've sourced for this project are new, and I'd like to keep it that way for both reliability reasons & aesthetics. Simply put, I don't want 30+ year old, sun-faded stuff mixed in with all the other brand new parts going into this build.

All of that said, can anybody tell me if Suzuki currently makes any switchgear that would plug right in and work?  (7/8 handlebar)

If Suzuki doesn't make a "new" part from another model bike that would work, are there any units from another brand that would work?

As always, thanks in advance.......... 

the part number i get is 37200-17C00 for that model ? which is "not available" as well.  you might have to look around for some new old stock.  what ive come across is their will probable be one that'll fit but it might have longer wires so that gives it a different P.N.  

57 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

the part number i get is 37200-17C00 for that model ? which is "not available" as well.  you might have to look around for some new old stock.  what ive come across is their will probable be one that'll fit but it might have longer wires so that gives it a different P.N.  

Thanks friend, that helps a lot.....(y)