About the Frankenstain guide (pistons to be specific)

Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster. I have been reading this Frankenstain guide and almost every other build thread to these oil boilers like a bible as I am "building" my own short stroke F engine and I noticed a little error on the guide. Just asking that have anybody else noticed the same thing.

The guide I am speaking of:

https://oldskoolsuzuki.info/archives/tag/1127

In the guide reads that short stroke 750 ie. 88-89 gsxR and 88-97 gsxF (I highlighted R and F to make a clear separation) along with 1127 and B12 use 20 mm wristpin. In my opinion the short stroke 750 use actually a 19mm wristpin.

I myself have a 1994 gsx 750 f as a turbo project and two of my oem pistons have developed little cracks between rings so started to look at alternatives and noticed this when measuring my pistons. I don't have short stroke 87-88 750 R engine on my hands so cannot say anything to certain of that, but atleast partnumbers for both engines pistons, cranks, conrods etc. are the same, so they should have the same size wrist pins also.

What do you think, do you agree with me on this or am I just unable to use a vernier? ;)

I know there is mixed info on the net about this, as one some posts it is said that its 19mm and on some it is 20mm.

Ps. I messaged Katanamangler also of this and he recommended that I start a new thread and if people agree with this he can update the info on the guide.

IMG_20210411_164055_compress89.jpg

• Like 2