GSXR 1100 N swingarm pivot removal

Panos

Hello everyone , i tried to remove my swingarm today but the pivot will not move at all , it has never been removed i guess .

My question is do i have to loosen the adjusting locking castle nut (which is seised as well) or should i go ahead and force the pivot out with a hummer?

I think the pivot should be able to move once the nut is removed without messing with the castle nut but i thought its better to ask you guys for advise first

DSC02066.JPG

DSC02068.JPG

DSC02069.JPG

DSC02070.JPG

DSC02071.JPG

Try using a mallet instead of a hammer. Less chance of damaging threads. It will move once you break the dry bond. Spray some penetrating oil on the bolt end to help beforehand. Then clamp a vice-grips on the bolt head and wiggle it out the rest of the way.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Try using a mallet instead of a hammer. Less chance of damaging threads. It will move once you break the dry bond. Spray some penetrating oil on the bolt end to help beforehand. Then clamp a vice-grips on the bolt head and wiggle it out the rest of the way.

I will use a piece of wood between the hummer and the pivot i have allready soaked it in wd 40 , so no messing with the castle nut right?

Thanks for replying Jaydee

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, no class said:

use a piece of aluminum or brass ..... the wood will absorb too much of the impact .

Thanks a lot for replying guys ,

i will attack the enemy pivot first thing in the morning with fury , anger and brutal force .

6 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

i was thinking about the swingarm end float adjuster, could the shaft be seized to it ?  it might be worth taking the lock ring off and see if the spindle will screw out.  just a thought. 

It doesnt seem to be in contact with the pivot , it is seized too and i thought it would be easier to remove it once the pivot is out .

I wish i had a 14mm allen key to try to spin the pivot loose but i have a hummer so...

DSC02068.JPG