GSX1100 EFE in a GS1000 help needed if at all possible

Azov

Hi, at the moment I have a GS1000 project, but the motor is in need of loads of work. I have the chance to buy a tuned EFE engine, and would like to know the following if possible. I have these parts all for my GS1000,  a set of Mikuni R S flatslide carbs, dyna 2000 ignition, and a  pipe worx system off grumpy for the GS, and would these fit the GSX so  I can change the motors over ? I am sure the pipe is ok, as is the carbs ( i think ) not sure about the Dyna. I am asking as I dont have the money to replace these parts if not compatable, ill just try to build the GS back up, 

cheers guys hope you can help  

Edited 8 minutes ago by Azov
more detail
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a GS1000 that I put a GSX1100 box section swinging arm on,upgraded the shocks [ditched the heavy air assisted bollocks] put progressive spings in front forks and played with oil and air space. Fitted a fork brace.  Custom made  seat and a Power Bronze 'Bol d'Or  fairing. She handled really really well...next step was engine improvement, was shattered when doing 90mph and a mate passed me ,two up on the back wheel of LC350 [ they had  just  come out ] ...Alas some scum bag stole her .. I then bought an EFE..OMG   that engine is awesome....loved my efe ,but I don't thing it ever handled as well at the GS. Go for get that 16 valve beast in and loose that  8 valve slug

• Like 1

If you compare the hp and torque specs of the efe's to many modern bikes the stock efe engine still an impressive and competitive engine with loads of room for improvement. Where the efe lags behind newer bikes is in suspension, brakes and weight, all of which can be updated and improved.