Ride height GS1000

Welcome! Nice bike- any better pics?

Gurls blouse cb900f rear shocks are 360mm eye to eye as aposed to yours (320ish mm) and will fit if you file the bush on the swingarm down by a mm or so.

Not sure how far you can go- but you could work it out using a piece of bar/timber to mock up max shock length before chain fouls.

Edited by R1guy
1 hour ago, R1guy said:

Welcome! Nice bike- any better pics?

Gurls blouse cb900f rear shocks are 360mm eye to eye as aposed to yours (320ish mm) and will fit if you file the bush on the swingarm down by a mm or so.

Not sure how far you can go- but you could work it out using a piece of bar/timber to mock up max shock length before chain fouls.

Thanks, I'm perhaps wanting a more modern shock, ill do some research 

59 minutes ago, Highwaystar said:

Thanks, I'm perhaps wanting a more modern shock, ill do some research 

Don’t have to be old stock. Yss do new ones that get good ratings and have adjustability. 

It just means you can go longer without bespoke shocks.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:09 AM, Highwaystar said:

Thanks but I'm just wanting to add more rear ride height for the look to make it sit higher at back, also going to be adding some tarozzi rearsets unless anyone knows of a more modern set that can easily be adapted to fit.

20210318_154732.jpg

20210318_154416.jpg

Damn, that's a nice exhaust!! 

I have a set of 40 quid Chinese chrome shocks on an old 100cc Yamaha I restored and they are fine. They are very good DT replicas but the originals weren't exactly of motocross GP standard. Personally, I wouldn't fit cheapo shocks to anything faster / heavier as they are basic to say the least but then again so were OEM shocks on OSS bikes.

Edited by Dezza
On 4/1/2021 at 10:54 AM, CphRider said:

OT:

What swingarm is that on your bike?

Sorry for late reply.  Swingarm is a cal-fab California fabrications.  They were big in the 80s making parts for the AMA riders. They went under but now been resurrected by the guy who also made my exhaust , Chris at Motogp werks.  You can check them out on Facebook