Cylinder fires when plug cap is lifted

paddle

Hi.i stated my blandit 12 project today and as usual it was coughing and farting about from cold but number one cylinder would only fire when I lifter the plug cap away from The plug then would stop when I replaced it.anyone give me the reason for this please.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason no one can explain Bandit plugs are a weird and delicate science. They seem to last 5 minutes, and for some reason no one understands they never recover from being wet. They tend to be the home of all electrical problems (I've had a mk1 1200 from new, 12000 miles and on my third set!)

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, wsn03 said:

For some reason no one can explain Bandit plugs are a weird and delicate science. They seem to last 5 minutes, and for some reason no one understands they never recover from being wet. They tend to be the home of all electrical problems (I've had a mk1 1200 from new, 12000 miles and on my third set!)

you are bang on their, i found the problem mostly with the 600's though, still had a few 1200's as well.  a can't remember the amount of 600's ive had this problem with but its a lot !!!!!  no matter how good you dry and clean them even leave them for a week and they still wont work ??????  and they are new plugs that just got wet (with fuel) bang another new set in and it runs like a dream, go figure :/

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TonyGee said:

its a bit of a strange one wraith, petrol shouldn't kill a spark plug ! should it ?  

The strange thing is, I can put the same plug back in next time and it works just fine O.o

Plugs are not wet or black or Sutty they are a nice tan/brown colour. Did put it down to bad plugs but as people have said above maybe a cap problem.