Fuel Tap Leak - GSXR 1100WT

Has anyone had a problem with the fuel tap bolts that hold it onto the underside of the tank leaking fuel (the brass coloured one in the below pic)? It's not a lot, more like a smear over a couple of minutes. It's only one bolt too, the other side is dry as is the rest of the fuel tap...

Dave

20210321_142240_resized_1.jpg

Edited by davemfox
4 hours ago, davemfox said:

Thanks guys (y) Fuel resistant sealant - are we talking Loctite 243, or is there something else out there?

@Danm54 it's a year old fuel tap.  I went through a couple of rebuild kits and couldn't get it to stop leaking out of the on/res/pri tap bit. They're not cheap...

Dave

Thanks Dave, that's where mine is leaking from, it's always been tricky to get it on res so I'll have a look for a new tap, get it sorted for the summer.

6 hours ago, davemfox said:

Thanks guys (y) Fuel resistant sealant - are we talking Loctite 243, or is there something else out there?

@Danm54 it's a year old fuel tap.  I went through a couple of rebuild kits and couldn't get it to stop leaking out of the on/res/pri tap bit. They're not cheap...

Dave

Any fuel resistant sealant should do the trick Dave, there's numerous ones on the market but I personally try to avoid the cheaper products if possible.

The idea came to me a while back as a mate of mine had the same issues as you and it took him ages to find the leak, it was making its way down the bolt threads as it turned out.

8 hours ago, davemfox said:

Dave

I use Blue Hylomar on screw threads on tanks exposed to petrol, e.g. those holding an aircraft cap to the tank.

• 4 weeks later...

Talking of rebuild kits, i am in the process of aiming for success in rebuilding mine. I took it apart, noting screw and spring postions etc

But noticed that one of the membranes has a hole in it (as does the original one, but not expecting that, i'm wondering what orientation this hole must take ?

Rather surprised that there is this hole at all but it looks standard ?