Time for a head job? Or just keep grinding?

gorbys

On 3/26/2021 at 5:51 PM, dago said:

Tell me about it, them poor 5 valve head yam guy's. You've got to remember they only shut for a fraction of a second and have about 150 psi pushing them into their seats

Yea but,  the five valve Yamaha heads are pretty ultra reliable.  I've had two 1000cc heads go 150K miles without ever even adjusting the valves.  My current one still lifts the front wheel with ease, no smoke, 50 mpg, and only within spec oil use.    My 4 valve Suzuki was rebuilt three times in 100K.  When I get it back together it will be a 4th time.    

275K 007.jpg

16 minutes ago, dago said:

I normally use petrol if it doesn't leak after about 30 seconds you're fine , water  I'd probably leave for a few minutes

Oh, I fucked up a little bit then as I've left it for the last hour xD

There was some moisture in the exhaust ports. But yeah, it's sat for the last hour so. Probably not that bad 

I tested again today with good success but then idiot me managed to snap a piston ring when removing them so time to learn how to hone cylinders as well I guess and buy some new piston rings... And off course everything is closed now because some long haired hippie died two thousand years ago....