Ignitech CDI map?

6 hours ago, motopsycho87 said:

Would still be interesting to see 750 map, there is so little information on getting a good ignition map out there it seems like it just needs to be ride, adjust, ride, repeat... Without a dyno of course

Igntech has them all available, you just select it from the dropdown.

Iir 750, 1100 and b12 are pretty much all the same, just slightly different rev limits

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Its a bit necky to technically be 'ripping off' a companies maps to use in someone else's software without paying for it!

Whos ripping anything off? Talking about a standard ignition map, as supplied by ignitech to go onto another igmition map.

Not that an ignition map/curve is a top secret thing anyway. Suzuki and every other manufacturer seem happy to make them common knowlege 

6 minutes ago, MeanBean49 said:

Whos ripping anything off? Talking about a standard ignition map, as supplied by ignitech to go onto another igmition map.

Not that an ignition map/curve is a top secret thing anyway. Suzuki and every other manufacturer seem happy to make them common knowlege 

@MeanBean49I had asked about the stock B12/GSXR maps not being available in the latest .exe download drop down from ignitech and assumed you may have to purchase a unit to have that option available in the software. @Gixer1460was saying that's kind of wrong to ask for the info, so I wiped the post. Mistake on my part.

1 hour ago, ElBlandito said:

@MeanBean49I had asked about the stock B12/GSXR maps not being available in the latest .exe download drop down from ignitech and assumed you may have to purchase a unit to have that option available in the software. @Gixer1460was saying that's kind of wrong to ask for the info, so I wiped the post. Mistake on my part.

Thanks - I'm glad you got the intent of my post. :tu

2 hours ago, ElBlandito said:

My point still stands, a bandit or gsxr ignition curve is not a top secret thing only ignitech know.

They got it from somewhere in the first place, its not their property in the first place really.

Not looked at mine in ages, cant remember what they come programmed with.

If you want either map just email ignitech and ask for it, they will email it over. Ive done it a few times when i have swapped one of my units onto a different bike.

• Like 1

The stock ignitech maps are rubbish. I enabled TPS and it gives you a mental amount of advance between 2 and 10% then goes flat again, adding 5 degrees to this puts you at about 55' !!! It also gives a horrible surge if your coasting at low revs in a high gear. I've studied a ton of maps and used a generator also going from what I know is safe and made one that works pretty well. Dropped down to 30 degrees at full throttle and it absolutely rips with a ton of torque down low. Will post when I get to work in the morning. 

Anyway, what's this secret I missed? PM me ;)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, motopsycho87 said:

The stock ignitech maps are rubbish. I enabled TPS and it gives you a mental amount of advance between 2 and 10% then goes flat again, adding 5 degrees to this puts you at about 55' !!! It also gives a horrible surge if your coasting at low revs in a high gear. I've studied a ton of maps and used a generator also going from what I know is safe and made one that works pretty well. Dropped down to 30 degrees at full throttle and it absolutely rips with a ton of torque down low. Will post when I get to work in the morning. 

Anyway, what's this secret I missed? PM me ;)

As far as im aware the 3d map they come with isnt inteded to be used as is, its just generic, because these bikes dont have 3d maps as standard.

A b12 has tps, but its only setup to retard ignition slightly in lower gears.

The standard 2D map is a copy of the standard ignition curve. Ive foumd it always works fine. Usually get the best from stock motors by adding 3-4 degrees to max advance.

3D mapping your only going to get right wuth hours of dyno time, set it all to match the standard map and go from there, you need to be doing loads of dyno pulls at each throttle opening to see what works best. I have heard investing time in a good 3d map is worth it on a road bike, makes running really smooth and improves fuel economy quite a lot.

2 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

As far as im aware the 3d map they come with isnt inteded to be used as is, its just generic, because these bikes dont have 3d maps as standard.

A b12 has tps, but its only setup to retard ignition slightly in lower gears.

The standard 2D map is a copy of the standard ignition curve. Ive foumd it always works fine. Usually get the best from stock motors by adding 3-4 degrees to max advance.

3D mapping your only going to get right wuth hours of dyno time, set it all to match the standard map and go from there, you need to be doing loads of dyno pulls at each throttle opening to see what works best. I have heard investing time in a good 3d map is worth it on a road bike, makes running really smooth and improves fuel economy quite a lot.

I've just copied what exists and adjusted based on reasonable guesswork. It's an improvement on the standard unit +5deg

3 hours ago, motopsycho87 said:

I've just copied what exists and adjusted based on reasonable guesswork. It's an improvement on the standard unit +5deg

What have you copied to end up at +55?

Max standard advance is 36 degrees iirc, how you +5 to that and end up at 55 I dont know. 55 is likely to grenade your motor

3 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

What have you copied to end up at +55?

Max standard advance is 36 degrees iirc, how you +5 to that and end up at 55 I dont know. 55 is likely to grenade your motor

You might want to read my post again... Lol

IMG_20210324_172154.jpg

IMG_20210324_172215.jpg

Edited by motopsycho87
  • Like 1

More advance at low throttle openings is normal, for cruising fuel economy,  see the old vacuum advance mech's on old cars.

Curious why you've  retarded it above 8000rpm at 100% throttle?  piston is traveling faster so you need to start the burn sooner in the compression phase.

6 hours ago, dupersunc said:

More advance at low throttle openings is normal, for cruising fuel economy,  see the old vacuum advance mech's on old cars.

Curious why you've  retarded it above 8000rpm at 100% throttle?  piston is traveling faster so you need to start the burn sooner in the compression phase.

Because I've been looking at spark maps for high compression engines with turbos, also because I'm a fucking idiot :banana:xD still, better safe than sorry. Should have been googling 'naturally aspirated' timing map,

And probably ignored this website as it seems so insanely conservative http://www.useasydocs.com/theory/spktable.htm

4 hours ago, motopsycho87 said:

Ahh, 1 post further back. Stock ignitech TPS map has a huge hump in it around 10-20% throttle. If you just add 5deg to everything it gives a couple points around the mid 50s, hence I didn't like it and changed it

Like I said earlier the stock tps map is just a generic thing, its not intended to work, you need to imvest in a lot of dyno time if you want to use this function and get it setup right.

Thats because these bikes didnt have a 3d map in the first place. 

Ignitech just supply a 2d map mirroring the standard curve that is ok to use as is.

If you making any changes to the map without doing it on the dyno then your pissing in the wind really anyway. I personally wouldnt want to be running 40 degrees of advance at low throttle openings, not likely to be doing your motor any good

Edited by MeanBean49