Bolt on exhausts for Gsx 1100 ef

M4N4

Hello to you all oss members!

In a nutshell:

Salvaged this ugly, left to die bastard from a Finnish barn last summer and been customising it since then :DIdea is to customise a sporty daily ride which I can ride also in motorways (will keep the Police academy front fairing). I have upgraded Hayabusa Gen1 rear and front end to the bike. Everything has now been stripped and sent to powder. Next thing in the list is the engine check.

Question to you gentlemen is what kind of decent priced bolt on sport exhaust systems there is available? What kind of solutions do you all have? I know tha Marving does 2 kind of systems and Vance&Hines sidewinder is not for me :D

Thanks for advance!

-Mikko from Finland

E8EF556A-3F6A-4336-BE96-4792A61FD2C5.jpeg

468C0CAC-B654-4B7A-99D1-8A883C361E87.jpeg

45E8DD0A-2E54-4D13-AA32-5A9E5CD8D72E.jpeg

690449A6-9A7E-4C8F-B77C-036A361BC77C.jpeg

77FE0FCF-1EF6-4D0D-9B3E-6E3F3E307FAE.jpeg

99AA2D32-385D-474D-82B5-129942D85342.jpeg

Welcome to OSS!

Delkevic is making exhaust for GSX 1100 E, Black Widow Bandit 1200 exhaust will fit with some modifications & spigots as well as Delkevic Badit 1200 exhaust.

I have Delkevic Bandit 1200 down pipes on my 1984 GSX 1100 EFE. Mid pipe and muffler are home made. 

For a great quality, cost-effective stainless exhaust try Dave at Exhaustcraft in Cumbria. He can make you a set of pipes and then post to you. He doesn't need the bike unless there is a very good reason. He did my downpipes and collector, and I had a silencer made locally to my spec.

11 hours ago, Blower1 said:

Welcome to OSS!

Delkevic is making exhaust for GSX 1100 E, Black Widow Bandit 1200 exhaust will fit with some modifications & spigots as well as Delkevic Badit 1200 exhaust.

I have Delkevic Bandit 1200 down pipes on my 1984 GSX 1100 EFE. Mid pipe and muffler are home made. 

Thanks. That is one option i have looked at. The best would be the bolt on way to go, but I have learned that there are not many options for it :S

i really like the look of Marving race system but the decibel level of the exhaust excees finnish levels. I think the level is 103db.

7 hours ago, Dezza said:

For a great quality, cost-effective stainless exhaust try Dave at Exhaustcraft in Cumbria. He can make you a set of pipes and then post to you. He doesn't need the bike unless there is a very good reason. He did my downpipes and collector, and I had a silencer made locally to my spec.

Hmmm. Interesting.. What did you pay for the set?

8 minutes ago, M4N4 said:

They are nice (y) I have been in the belief that they are quite expensive. 

They're very nice and very expensive, quality comes at a price unfortunately:tu

There again as the other guys have pointed out, there are many other very good manufacturers to suit all budgets. All depends how much you want to pay.

54 minutes ago, M4N4 said:

Hmmm. Interesting.. What did you pay for the set?

It's a few years back but the downpipes, collector and CNC milled alloy flanges were about £450 quid. In all, a bespoke stainless system for the bike was about £650, which is less than many fancy 'branded' systems, which wouldn't fit properly without modification/bodgery. Dave's pipes mimic the old Harris systems and use large bore pipe rather than the weedy looking 38mm stuff. Here are some pics.

IMGP1060.JPG

IMGP1062.JPG

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, Dezza said:

It's a few years back but the downpipes, collector and CNC milled alloy flanges were about £450 quid. In all, a bespoke stainless system for the bike was about £650, which is less than many fancy 'branded' systems, which wouldn't fit properly without modification/bodgery. Dave's pipes mimic the old Harris systems and use large bore pipe rather than the weedy looking 38mm stuff. Here are some pics.

IMGP1060.JPG

IMGP1062.JPG

Looking at that, you won't go far wrong and the price makes it look very tempting.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:36 PM, Dezza said:

IMGP1060.JPG

IMGP1062.JPG

That looks nice! I will think about this one.

You are sure you tried the Akra system for the oilcooled engines and not first generation watercooled? These can also be made fit but these very headers are off angle a bit plus foul the front frame member. I'm working on such a system for my current project. Akra systems for 1st gen. B12 engines always went on nicely.

No idea.

That said the exhaust spigots between air cooled and oil cooled are not the same diameter (air cooled being bigger) 

Oil cooled head : 42mm

Air cooled head : 46mm

Oil cooled exhaust flange bolt spacing : 56mm

Air cooled exhaust flange bolt spacing : 62mm

Just found this out because i had a set of new exhaust gaskets for an air cooled and thought i could pinch them for my 11R engine and they do not fit, much too big.

So not sure what exhausts everyone seem to be swapping over from oil to air but ?

Edited by Joseph