Exhaust Systems

Ok Gang,

We’re getting to the point where most of the major components for “Project X” has been purchased and things are being test fitted as they come in. (promise to make a complete build thread when the entire bike is done)

I’m at the stage where I have to get an exhaust so we can see how an exhaust designed for an 89 GSXR1100 engine will fit & line up with that particular engine being placed into a 1980 GS750 frame. Mounting brackets to fit the 1100 engine have already been welded in place and the motor has already been test fitted into the frame so no worries there. We just need to fit an exhaust into the picture at this point.

Also, keep in mind that we hacked about 6 or 7 inches out of the rear section to fit a single seat, and there will be no passenger footpegs.

I was looking at the Hindle exhaust and I like it, but then I stumbled (accidentally) on the Racefit exhaust systems, and I find myself drooling all over them.

I’ve read a bunch of reviews and watched several YouTube sound clips and they look & sound awesome. (no, loud pipes absolutely don’t bother me)

So to the point, Racefit sells exhaust systems for Bandits from 1996 all the way up to 2018, and by now I’ve learned that there isn’t much difference between the Bandit motors and the GSXR1100 motors.

In your opinions……which year bandit motor system that Racefit offers should I select (if I do choose the Racefit over the Hindle)? (remember my motor is a 1989 GSXR1100 Slingshot engine)

Here is the link to the Racefit system that I’m looking at:

https://www.racefit.co.uk/collections/gsf1250-bandit

The other questions are:

Who out there has any experience with Racefit exhaust systems, and what are your impressions of them?

Who out there has any experience with Hindle exhaust systems, and what are your impressions of them?

Here is the link to the Hindle system that I’m looking at:

https://www.ripplerockracers.com/product/suzuki-gsxr-1100-rrr-hindle-stainless-steel-exhaust-system-fits-1989-92-and-1993-in-usa/

As always, thanks in advance…..

I have a bespoke racefit system on my bandit, they produce a very high quality product.

Having said that, not sure how much research you've carried out but if you buy the growler you sent the link for you won't get a complete system just link pipe and silencer. With the hindle you get the complete system, hope this helps.

Looking forward to seeing the build:tu

IMG_20210314_203610.jpg

IMG_20210314_203955.jpg

36 minutes ago, eddiegsx said:

I have a bespoke racefit system on my bandit, they produce a very high quality product.

Having said that, not sure how much research you've carried out but if you buy the growler you sent the link for you won't get a complete system just link pipe and silencer. With the hindle you get the complete system, hope this helps.

Looking forward to seeing the build:tu

IMG_20210314_203610.jpg

IMG_20210314_203955.jpg

It does help, thanks very much, I was under the impression that you got the entire system with the racefit but it's actually okay because that means I can get a set of headers that I know for sure that will bolt up to my 89 engine block, thanks again for the reply

13 minutes ago, wraith said:

All depends on how deep your pockets are xD I've seen and heard racefit are very very good, and can do a one off to your bike if it's not a standard bike.

That's correct wraith, but for one offs I'm sure they like to have the bike at their workshop . I think I'm right in saying the OP is from the USA.

Just for the record, my racefit was already on the bike when I bought it, no deep pockets in my life.:)

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, 370steve said:

I have had two Racefit systems made (one modified) they are very well made and extremely light, but they are noisy, even with NRI (noise reduction insert)!!

on my GS

100_5611.thumb.JPG.38f24c20f46adef24bce18ae34122e0d.JPG100_5615.thumb.JPG.ee15d9a6ea84ad2b9ee13a930f632486.JPG

then bigger can

100_6626.thumb.JPG.e2873c345334a821e70245fc970e1d6e.JPG

then new one on my EFE build

IMG-20201028-WA0000.thumb.jpg.2eba5fc967e0ea843acf42f611a209e8.jpgIMG-20201028-WA0001.thumb.jpg.4e0d563a89e877dd192a460c61b72007.jpgIMG-20201028-WA0002.thumb.jpg.87311bbe63c776cf9d4cd1e86bfb2337.jpg20201103_195333.thumb.jpg.5636e1055d0f007211e6e103e3389b21.jpg

I've followed all of your build threads, and I just have to say that I think all of your bikes are seriously awesome and you have just about helped me made up my mind that it's going to be the racefit exhaust system, thanks for the reply

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, wraith said:

All depends on how deep your pockets are xD I've seen and heard racefit are very very good, and can do a one off to your bike if it's not a standard bike.

Well that's just it, this is definitely not a standard bike, but the more I'm seeing from everybody's replies, the more confident I am that I can sort of "Frankenstein" something together, thanks for the reply

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, eddiegsx said:

That's correct wraith, but for one offs I'm sure they like to have the bike at their workshop . I think I'm right in saying the OP is from the USA.

Just for the record, my racefit was already on the bike when I bought it, no deep pockets in my life.:)

You're absolutely right, I'm in Connecticut, but I do believe - if I'm looking at their website correctly, that I could just order something and have it shipped over, or are you saying that my bike would actually have to be at their shop in order to have something made specifically for what I'm building?

3 minutes ago, Neveragain55 said:

You're absolutely right, I'm in Connecticut, but I do believe - if I'm looking at their website correctly, that I could just order something and have it shipped over, or are you saying that my bike would actually have to be at their shop in order to have something made specifically for what I'm building?

It would kind of make sense for them to have the bike, especially if it's a one off like the one Steve is building, why not contact them and ask they may work off dimensions.

One things for sure, if you buy a racefit you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1