Gsxr750L inlet rubbers.

41 minutes ago, leldolini69 said:

Confused as to why I can buy 2,3 and 4 but suzuki stopped making no 1 ! Obviously a reason but annoying cos I want to mount my 38s. Any other suggestions appreciated. 

yeah pretty strange but is no1 the same as say no2 ? or maybe one of the others ?  sometimes works that way. 

• Like 1

You could try attacking a set made for BST 36mm carbs with a drum sander; these rubbers are common whereas those for the 750 l/m BST 38s are becoming increasingly sought after, but I guess you've found that out already. You have to ask yourself the question: how did people fit big carbs to GSXRs prior to 1990?

• Like 1

I have the  rubbers all off now, and redid them 1-4 (number 1 being on the left if you were sitting on the bike) with the vacuum take off as number three, but the carbs sit well out, is this correct, how do you get them to line up?

BST38ss carbs and rubbers on  1127 head.  

yeah I had them off a complete bike. They are the L carbs with the blanked off powerjet thing tubes and the big jet change bolt underneath.  It just weird the rubber pops onto the carbs no problem, but don’t line up on head on the 1100 head. If I bolt the rubbers to the head then the spacing is incorrect for the carbs to go onto the rubbers.

As Tony says, they should go on the head with the suffix numbers 1 to 4. If they don't try numbering 1-4 right to left. The outside edges of the inlet rubbers should align and the carbs will go in with just a little wriggling.

Edited by Dezza

lately i've been searching the net for 750J dot head inlet rubbers. it appears that some company from chinesia sells them, so maybe they can help you out.

as for the dot head inlet rubbers, they had the same part numbers as the 750 katanas, which had dot heads until '93. i finally found them that way, and even quite close to home :D