Blandit cams and caps

paddle

Hi I bought a shed load of bandit and gsxr bits from a guy who was moving abroad thing is I have 2 1200 cylinder heads but all the cam caps are in a bag I also have a blandit 600 head are the cam caps all the same for the 1200 and 600 bandits.i also have what I think are some yoshi cams they have a hole in the lobe.how do i identify them for sure 

Thanks 

Contrary to the above ive swapped cam caps round on many occasions, the trick is taking all the valve gear out so the cam can sit in with no other forces on it. If youve got loads put them on one at a time, cam needs to turn with little resistance but with no free play. If they are a bit tight you can use really fine wet and dry to open them up a bit until they free up.

Takes a while but you can get them right.

If the origionals are there you should find the right ones by trial and error anyway.

• Like 1

Do you have 2 B12 heads, the caps from the 2 B12 heads all in one bag, and the 4 cams from the 2 B12 heads? If so, the letters stamped on the heads and caps, and the differences between inlet and exhaust cams, should enable you to arrange the heads, caps and cams to give you a Y/N option for each cap/head match. By trial and error it may thus be able to determine (at least the majority) of which head each cap goes on. It may take a bit of thinking through but it won't exactly be like a GCHQ entrance exam because you can narrow down the possible options before the trial and error bit :).