lazy tacho/rev counter (gsx 1100s Katana)

pat64

Hi there.the tacho/rev counter on my gsx 1100s Katana seems to be a bit lazy at anything over 2000rpm,it'll go to 2500rpm as per norm but it slows down becomes sluggish at any rpm after that to the point it won't go over 3000rpm no matter what revs the engine is at ,has anyone else had this,is there a fix for it,it's a 1982 model with electronic tacho/rev counter

thanks....

49 minutes ago, Fazz711 said:

Could be the cable needs oiling 

its not a cable taco !!!!!   even if it was a dry cable it wouldn't run slower than the drive from the cam unless the square ends where rounded, or the drive gears where worn. 

Edited by TonyGee

I had the same problem with a bike I've just built the clocks I was using the taco was slow like yours, tryed a different taco but with the had the same problem. Was starting to think it maybe wiring or CDI but then had to change the clocks of a new set (second hand) but when I fitted them the rec counter worked just fine.

So must of been something in the clocks slowing the taco down.

1 minute ago, wraith said:

I had the same problem with a bike I've just built the clocks I was using the taco was slow like yours, tryed a different taco but with the had the same problem. Was starting to think it maybe wiring or CDI but then had to change the clocks of a new set (second hand) but when I fitted them the rec counter worked just fine.

So must of been something in the clocks slowing the taco down.

Damn... now I'm hungry

e59f255c-7498-4b84-9c9d-e578bf5d88fc.thumb.jpg.b7af863924d3da95b35ce76201ae8676.jpg

• Like 5