Et from barn to the Pod, a quest for 9 seconds

et1170

New rear brake line arrived so managed to get front and rear brakes bled without too much drama, rear took a while to get through but seems good now. Cam cover gasket turned up from wemoto also , just need to check valve clearances and I can then close the engine up . Running the engine as it was removed from the Kat at the end of 2019 while Carl gets to grips with it. Then it's up to how much he wants to spend on it. 

On 4/18/2021 at 7:16 PM, et1170 said:

Valve clearances good so cam cover on and now to move on to my least favourite part, wiring it up! Wish me luck.

20210418_191115.jpg

Personally i'd put the lanyard pull inbetween the bar risers, then if the rider does bail, the pull on the cord is equal either way. As fitted if bailed left it could be trying to pull almost perpendicular to the plug - i've seen snapped cable before plug disconnected ! And although it is something else electrical, power all the bike electrics via a big single or multiple relays that are all earthed via the lanyard - they aren't the most reliable things or have capacity for lots of amps, so grounding a relay or 2's coils is a lot safer. Love the loom organiser !

Oh, and what's it going to cost ? . . . . . . . . . How fast would Sir like to go LOL!

2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Personally i'd put the lanyard pull inbetween the bar risers, then if the rider does bail, the pull on the cord is equal either way. As fitted if bailed left it could be trying to pull almost perpendicular to the plug - i've seen snapped cable before plug disconnected ! And although it is something else electrical, power all the bike electrics via a big single or multiple relays that are all earthed via the lanyard - they aren't the most reliable things or have capacity for lots of amps, so grounding a relay or 2's coils is a lot safer. Love the loom organiser !

Oh, and what's it going to cost ? . . . . . . . . . How fast would Sir like to go LOL!

Thanks for your input, am going with 1 big relay as worked well on my Kat , will look at the lanyard position, will be attatched to his right wrist rather then leathers or whatever.  

Spent today fitting my home brewed 3 piece fuel tap, not much room between the tank and carbs, managed to squeeze the pipework in. No leaks as yet, did a quick fire up but not for long , dont like annoying the neighbours on sunday! Headlight properly fitted and all cables seem to run ok around the headstock. Air shifter is firing ok on the button , nearly ready for a test run . 

20210502_163004.jpg

20210502_205012.jpg

20210502_162841.jpg

• Like 11
  • 4 weeks later...

Took the finished article over to my Dads house in the van. He was well impressed , booked in for a test day at Santa Pod this Saturday. I will give it a test run or 2 to make sure it's all ok then let Carl loose on it for the rest of the day! 

20210529_120424.jpg

• Like 11
  • 2 months later...

2nd trip out delayed due to bike and rider issues. Chain run was skimming the frame so went less offset to cure that. Running a bit rich so will adjust that before next outing. Carl managed to knock 4 tenths off so standing at 11.57 at 117mph currently. Loads to come. 

20210828_142810.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...