Et from barn to the Pod, a quest for 9 seconds

et1170

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, et1170 said:

Plumbed the air shifter lines in 

20210324_181431.jpg

Have you got the airline in the right place? Can't see where the clevis mounts but the ram looks fairly well near full extension so won't have much force behind it.

I used to try and get the ram about 1/2 way through its total travel or a little less when fitted to the gear shift shaft, just enough to allow unpowered downshifts without binding or bottoming out.

1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Have you got the airline in the right place? Can't see where the clevis mounts but the ram looks fairly well near full extension so won't have much force behind it.

I used to try and get the ram about 1/2 way through its total travel or a little less when fitted to the gear shift shaft, just enough to allow unpowered downshifts without binding or bottoming out.

The gear end is not connected to the spline yet, It will be similar to how you described. 

Rs 36,s fitted, chain on and measured the chain adjuster marks on the swinger and they are spot on after my basic jigging up of the 2 bandit arms and Jon's tidy welding. Breather tank fitted properly . Front cowl and headlight fitted but brackets a bit flimsy so looking at beefing that up tomorrow. Beer oclock. 

20210402_125548.jpg

• Like 6