magnum 2, gsxr 1340 build

baldrick

Well, I got the oilways cleaned out in the end. Decided to strip the rattle can shite off the engine, and use proper 2k base and lacquer, which I should have done in the first place.

Progress is like a slug, on downers after a few bongs......slow.

But engines in, front and back ends fitted, subbie etc electrics..almost within sight of the finish line

It's now in the living room, and it's been sat for a couple of months, struggling to get carbs on, rubbers shrunk. Got new ones from chy-na..don't waste your money they're miles out. Tried heat, oil, ratchets, wintergreen, etc so I'm now trying sulking and calling them bad names every time I pass. I did fit footrest brackets, which were on the bike before but now have decided they won't fit....great. so I've just got some 10 mm alloy to craft some new ones. Probably just as well tbh the pegs are too high for my knackered knees so new ones will be 2 inch lower. Hopefully I'll fit on it.

I'm rebuilding two cars atm , so not much time but I'm thinking it might hit the road some time in 2027 at this rate... FFS...

Oh aye the cobra can doesn't fit now as it was mounted on the old engine mount, located in the frame cross member, but I changed it out for a thicker one when it started bending, due to the shock linkage stressing it. Bah , more work

See u next year for another thrilling update

16945974143202138389142021689838.jpg

16945976861306783831241917939075.jpg

16945974685956660442184926057748.jpg

Edited by baldrick
  • Like 5

unfortunately i need the car to get around.  :|  my knees are v fuct and even on bike i cant go as far as id want to tbh...

And if you think bike parts are expensive, headlight for this thing is near £1200 quid from bmw..luckily i found a 2nd hander for 300, but car parts are shockingly expensive. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, baldrick said:

unfortunately i need the car to get around.  :|  my knees are v fuct and even on bike i cant go as far as id want to tbh...

And if you think bike parts are expensive, headlight for this thing is near £1200 quid from bmw..luckily i found a 2nd hander for 300, but car parts are shockingly expensive. 

yeah I here you, I need a car and mine needs work but just can't be arsed :$ but my old MG ZT is pretty cheap for parts luckily :D 

• Like 1