Lost key - Remove Fuel Cap Tips?

FeckityFeck

4 hours ago, davecara said:

If youre no into destroying it with a screwdriver or picking the lock; If you have a very long screwdriver you might be able to get to the latch through the petcock hole and push it back to allow you to open the flap. 

Drill it or slide hammer it, otherwise pretty impossible to remove! Shame they didn't give so much thought to overall bike security LOL!

Edited by Gixer1460
  • Like 1

We've got a fellow Katana rider in Denmark, Søren is his name. Dunno if he is still on here, but a few years back I saw him do a how-to-video opening a fuel cap lock within seconds. I bet the video can be found on you tube. If not, I got his mobile no. Can ask him for a link if he still got that vid.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies guys, so, turns out you can get a key cut by using the 3 digit code found on the ignition or seat lock. Turns out that my ignition/fuel has a different number than the seat lock and not one that is recognised as a genuine Suzuki number.

The series for a 78 GS1000 is 101-499 but the ignition and fuel has 068 meaning it must have been changed out some time ago.

The guy sorting me out with the seat lock key is John, very helpful and clearly knows his keys! 

https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/Classic-Suzuki-motorcycle-keys-cut-to-code-free-UK-post/284100487010?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

17 hours ago, Pedda said:

We've got a fellow Katana rider in Denmark, Søren is his name. Dunno if he is still on here, but a few years back I saw him do a how-to-video opening a fuel cap lock within seconds. I bet the video can be found on you tube. If not, I got his mobile no. Can ask him for a link if he still got that vid.

@Peddathanks for the reference, found this video on Youtube and think i will try with a pick lock set from Amazon and see how i get on

• Like 1