Gsxr1100 swing arm dilemma!

The story so far!

I picked up a 1993 1100 slingshot with a JMC swingarm.

it had a hayabussa rear wheel in it and the chain hit the swingarm.

I put a gsxr600 wheel in it but still not happy so I decided to take the arm out ant fit a Suzuki one, after a lot of messing about I bought a gsx1100wp arm, I couldn’t find a standard one!

Now that’s fitted I realise that the k series bikes wheels don’t fit, I’d like straight spokes to match the k3 front end that’s fitted.

would any oil cooled wheels be suitable? Rf900 or 1200 bandit?

i’m running a bit Low on cash so really don’t want to f**k up again.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

I’ve been following similar threads as I’m fitting a 750K1 arm to an 1100K and having a mare getting things in line. Thankfully I’m sticking with my Slingshot wheels for now, however @MeanBean49has plenty of helpful info on similar regarding machining 5-10mm from your sprocket carrier etc to move it inboard, dependant on front sprocket offset.(as the 750K rear sprocket is indeed 10mm further from wheel centre than a Slingshot)  If you’re happy to run 520, an XR650 front sprocket gives you 4mm offset for a sensible price

1DC194B1-EF47-4DD7-9730-C9760E5C2A43.png

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Toddy64 said:

I’ve been following similar threads as I’m fitting a 750K1 arm to an 1100K and having a mare getting things in line. Thankfully I’m sticking with my Slingshot wheels for now, however @MeanBean49has plenty of helpful info on similar regarding machining 5-10mm from your sprocket carrier etc to move it inboard, dependant on front sprocket offset.(as the 750K rear sprocket is indeed 10mm further from wheel centre than a Slingshot)  If you’re happy to run 520, an XR650 front sprocket gives you 4mm offset for a sensible price

If all else fails I’ll have a go at the XR sprocket, thanks.

22 minutes ago, Jonny said:

You could try a 5.5 inch SRAD600 rear wheel. The hubs are narrower than the 6 inch rims, so if you're not planning to run a 190/200 rear tyre, this could be less agro. I'm running one on '78 GS750!

Srad hub has the same sprocket of set as the 6" rim. 

That said I fitted an srad rim in a 750L arm with top hat spacers and 6mm machined off the sprocket carrier face and a 3mm offset front sprocket.

I have a SRAD rim sat in it at the moment.

i can’t get the slotted calliper mount between the disc and the swingarm even if I machined the round spacer part off the bracket, I may have to turn down the disc mounting face as well as the sprocket carrier.

Itll be nice to be moving forward with this, Sometimes you can’t see the wood for the trees!

Thanks for your help.

I have a k7 600 rim in my 750W ? It did need spacers done but not an offset sprocket.

RF900 = Bandit 1200, also, and yes the older GSXR rims have a smaller sprocket to wheel center than K rims, they are maximumly offset to the sprocket side hence the slight headache to get them to fit

10 hours ago, dupersunc said:

Srad hub has the same sprocket of set as the 6" rim. 

That said I fitted an srad rim in a 750L arm with top hat spacers and 6mm machined off the sprocket carrier face and a 3mm offset front sprocket.

That’s pretty much what I did. Think I used a gen 1 ‘Busa sprocket carrier and shaved about 6 mill off it. But the OP said machining wasn’t a problem for him.

22 hours ago, Pheasantplucker said:

Well, I’ve been on it all afternoon and evening, I’ve made new bushes and filed down the calliper bracket and I think with 6mm machined off the sprocket mounting face I have a useable fit.

i have a srad wheel fitted and it turns, clearance is tight but clearance is clearance!

You only need about 5 mill for chain movement and tyre expansion at speed.