85 750F Rear Ride height....Jack up ?

Moriwaki1105

3 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Longer or shorter dog bones - I can never remember which - !

No dog bones on these.

1100 slabby linkage will raise the rear .

See if you can find a Funky Monkey racing linkage. I’ve not got one but I’ve heard good things.

@dupersunc, @Markz9@KATANAMANGLER and @Mole28will be able o help with suspension questions on a slabby I should think .

Edited by R1guy
12 hours ago, Moriwaki1105 said:

Tried search....and also got to page 79 tonight....but still no answer lads....so please help.

How do you raise the rear a good amount on this model ?

Thanks again lads.

IMG_0425.jpg

Having re read this, there is no specific mention of suspension.

Im assuming you’re not talking about purely raising the subframe for cosmetic reasons?

49 minutes ago, R1guy said:

No dog bones on these.

1100 slabby linkage will raise the rear .

See if you can find a Funky Monkey racing linkage. I’ve not got one but I’ve heard good things.

@dupersunc, @KATANAMANGLER and @Mole28will be able o help with suspension questions on a slabby I should think .

unfortunately you cannot use the funky monk billet linkage on the gsxr 750 only on the gsxr 1100 mark did talk about making a new one just for the 750 but hasnt yet

there is a way of increasing the rear suspension height by approx 30-35 but you have to use a standard type shock ie 295mm long nothing longer as it wont fit or work properly  

1 hour ago, Dezza said:

How is this achieved?

i will see if i can get a picture of my old gsxr 750 slabby race bike but basically you have to use the gsxr slabby 1100 bell crank link and machine a lip around the edge of  the centre bearing (big) approx half way round it

also as this jacks the back up the arc that the crank now sweeps through will probably req a little grinding back of the lower cross frame support to the back lower part of the engine 

its only a little bit nothing structural 

the other alternative is to cut off the fixed dog bones on the swingarm and remount to jack the back up

the limit to this is if you move it too much to gain height the spring on the shock hits the s/arm  

Mark

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...