Et frame rail shortening

suzuki11e

when i bought my 750 ET the arse end had already been cut of and a loop welded in as the P.O. was going for a different style, the loop was very close to the rear tyre so i cut it off. im in the process of putting it back to something like standard.

this is it when i cut the loop off. 

20201106_152212.jpg

• Like 1

Well i would say take the seat off, line up the tail piece with the side panels and see how much extra you've got to remove.

Unweld/cut off the rear brace/hoop where the seat lock goes and move it up the rails accordingly

You will need to fab the bracketry to fit the taillight on since you won't be using the mudguard anymore

2 hours ago, Joseph said:

Well i would say take the seat off, line up the tail piece with the side panels and see how much extra you've got to remove.

Unweld/cut off the rear brace/hoop where the seat lock goes and move it up the rails accordingly

You will need to fab the bracketry to fit the taillight on since you won't be using the mudguard anymore

Yes i had a quick measure up yesterday. Does the light unit bolt to the mudguard.

I bought the bike in bits and cant work out how the light unit  fixes to the bike.

The rear mudguard is missing.

Thanks for your help

Well frankly if you're equipped it can't be too hard a job. 

I think i have a tail light bracket and i also have a s/h mudguard but it has a crack (although on the area behind the number plate so not too critical)

The shorter back is a good mod though, many have done it before and it looks really good 

In my opinion, the back looks best when the tail piece and rear tyre stop at around the same point. and try to keep the gap between frame and rear wheel about equal wherever there is frame.

I deleted the rear mud guard and welded plates in the frame instead.

These plates turned out to be useful later on to weld / bolt other parts on.

Here a photo of my butchered GS to show what I mean;

GS rechts.JPG

Edited by Reinhoud
  • Like 1
On 2/17/2021 at 7:00 PM, Joseph said:

This!