Slabby clutch master cylinder fitment .

philwright

After recently acquiring a Brembo clutch MC off a forum member i'm going to attempt to fit it this weekend to my 88 1100J, i've bled brakes and clutches before but never actually fitted a new MC, i'm guessing it should be a straightforward job... it already has a braided clutch line fitted so i plan on draining the system, uncoupling the hose at the old MC end ,fitting the new MC and resevoir , refilling the res and bleeding the system as normal, i'm reasonably spanner handy but if any one has any tips and advice on how to avoid problems they would be most welcome.

TIA...Phil.

Will the banjo for the current mc fit the Brembo? If so, remove the brake fluid from the original mc reservoir with a syringe, and carefully remove the banjo trying to lose the least fluid possible. Attach hose to the new master cylinder, fill with new fluid and leave to settle for a few minutes. With the top off of the reservoir, carefully move the clutch lever too and fro only just enough to enable the piston to clear the fluid intake hole. This should enable any air to rise to the top and come out. You will see bubbles of air leaving the system via the fluid intake hole. After a couple of minutes you'll start to get a 'clutch'. Then bleed the clutch as normal with new fluid. It's much easier to do it this way than to fill and bleed a dry system.