Best carbs for standard 1127

leldolini69

It depends what you're looking for

Originally BST40

People say BST38 give the best result for stock carbs

Truth is, it's more or less possible to fit any of the 11R diameters, BST34 from a 1052 will give loads of torque downstairs, the 40s give HP upstairs.

On my 1127 swapped GSX1100 i have been advised to put 34s with a small diameter header to create a beefy cruiser

So, what do you plan to use the bike for ? 

13 hours ago, Joseph said:

Originally BST40

Only on the 'M' and 'N' model years!

Unless you can find a REALLY good stock set of mk1 Bindit 36's which will still need fettling to work with a GSXR, I'd personally get some 36mm RS flatslides - different to live with but great carbs and will give some power increase over stock. They cost but most good thing usually do!

13 hours ago, leldolini69 said:

Mk1 bandit carbs nearly as expensive as flatslides so was thinking of them !

Really? Maybe try a wanted ad on here when you reach the required post count.

If you buy a secondhand set of carbs, then budget for new o'rings at least. I have never bought a secondhand set of carbs that did not need at least some work. Carb parts aren't cheap and costs can soon mount up as 4 of everything is needed. You can easily end up spending a fair wack, especially for RSs as parts are so expensive and the cost of a secondhand set of RSs + parts can soon get close to the cost of a new set from Trumpety-doo-dah-land.

Edited by Dezza

Be careful when buying BST38s as the ones from the 750W will not fit due to the different spacings. The ones in the picture above posted by Clive look very like 750W carbs but they may be from a 750M. There are one or two bits of info on oil cooled carbs at the top of the oilcooled section.

the tubes are redundant unless you are running a standard airbox though,so they might have been removed and plugged, i dunno?

theyneed the airbox,as it intake pressure at higher revs syphons some float boat fuel and dumps it in the intake, to put it as basically as possible, so without the negative pressure caused in the airbox at high revs, they wont work, not on k&N or ramair filters. the carbs will work fine without the airbox, so dont let that put you off if you can find a set, they are great carbs

hope this makes sense. 

• Like 1