GSXR1100 pistons in an RF900 ?

Hello

I'm about to put an RF900 lump in my 7. I need to swap the 7 head over etc, and seeing that that requires opening up the engine, while i'm there i should probably freshen up the bores and rings etc.

I figured that an increase to 75.5 pistons would work out at 1000 cc (well, 1002 precisely)

Turns out the 11RW has 75.5 pistons.

I believe the pins are larger on the 11, and i guess piston pin height and all the other parameters need checking, but would it be technically possible to adapt the pistons at the pin side of things ? Sleeving down etc ??

It is more of a it sounds fun to build a liter 7W idea than something i really need to do, so, if anyone with a lot more tech knowledge than me can dissuade me to try, I'm all ears

Wiseco do a 77mm kit (1043 cc) which is probably around the same cost as using new pistons from Suzuki but without the pin size problem. Another option could be to go big and use the crank, rods, piston and cylinders from a GSXR1100w. You then have the further option of going "big bore" on an 1100 for a real sleeper. :ph34r:

Haha. 

Yeah i really should have bought an 11 and dressed it up with the 93 purple 7 bodykit. Would have been more straightforward

I guess you have convinced me to stick to the stock 900 (although i've read that the 7 cams that will go in add a healthy breath of life to it)

Blackbird forged pistons?

pin is 19mm,

think stock is 79mm so guessing forged would be 80/81mm?

dunno about crown sizings but im sure ive read somewhere in the past that someone was going to attempt it

only food for thought...whether its do-able or not i dont know

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rf9 with seven fifty head, cams and carbs.  Their was a 999cc big bore for the rf9.  To change to an 1100 you will need the crank barrel clutch etc as the clutch are specific to each engine,  cases are all the same from 600 thro to 1100. gears are a bit of fun as well to match up as come have holes thro the gear shafts for clutch too..

Keep the rf9 and seven fifty combo is a no brainer. You will also need a hydro clutch lever thingy. port the head and all will be good. seven carbs will need bigger jets size depending on whether you use standard air box or socks. hope that helps.

• Like 1

I should hopefully be on the road this month. it's been a while.  Which reminds me. need to change tyres before MOT. Hopefully ,One shall receive a Pass.

If ya get stuck, Call me on here. Oh, and the Ti headers from k1- thou. (Dont get the six or seven fifty  K series pipes. they're too short) fit with a bit of heat and swearing