Back on two wheels - 1980 GSX750e resto

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 12:31 AM, Dillyboy said:

No worries, I can measure it up for you....

(So by fully extended do you mean front wheel in the air so no weight on the front wheel?)

Exactly.  I really appreciate it.  Feel free to email me to communicate.  My address is gard0128@msn.com.  Just put GX750 in the subject so I don't inadvertently dump it from Spam.  Thanks again.  Bernie

So what do you do when you have one bike in pieces not running - well you buy another one of course highfive.gif

I'm at the point where I'm waiting on a few parts to arrive from OS for the 750 but also need funds to finish her off. Searching FB marketplace for some handy bits found me a 1982 GSX250 with the full brat tracker treatment done. Guy was selling as he'd hacked the loom to pieces & couldn't figure out how to put it back together again (I'm sure we've all been there)..... He's moving and needed it gone by Wednesday - I offered $500 and said I'd come straight around & pick it up:

How she looked pre him pulling it apart:

UuxWORx.jpg

How I found it at his place:

Mlgcjfi.jpg

hDpPfTl.jpg

HyXkiO8.jpg

ND9FBOQ.jpg

OsI8nwv.jpg

Loaded up ready for the trip home:

tFOtNru.jpg

And parked next to it's big brother:

DUTwt6o.jpg

Plan for this one is to figure out the hack job on the loom & put it all together for a quick flip to fund the completion of the 750 - I may start a build thread for this bike but I'm worried if O do I may grow attached & and want to keep both bikes......

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2021 at 3:12 PM, Bernie said:

Dillyboy, I should have added that the measurement needs to be with the forks fully extended.  Many thanks.  I'll share progress pics later.

Bernie

Hey Bernie,

I forgot to reply to this sorry :o

The front forks are 840mm long

Edited by Dillyboy
typo
  • 2 months later...

So not much has happened on either project this year unfortunately - work has been crazy & finances low :(

I have just been able to get my hands on an '86 GSX1100ES for next to nothing. The tank is rusted out but it's complete & everything appears to be there.

Now I was adamant about keeping the 750 a 750 (as 1100 motors are just to hard to get here). But now with my hands on an 1100 motor & all the goodies to make it go it appears the 1100 upgrade is on the cards.......

• Like 2