Slabbie 750 swinger swap

Marc clayton

I fitted a slingshot JMC swinging arm to my 750 slabby using the special part in the picture I had made. You also need top hat spacers wheel spacors & sort the chain run out, or I did anyway. But the special part allows you to fit dog bones instead of them been part of the swinging arm like the slabby arms are. IMG_20210119_153232.thumb.jpg.1cd0cbe2021aafbe7da33f5aef3d1b66.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dezza said:

Clive, is it just a steel insert with a hole drilled through the middle with the same external dimensions as the OEM part so it still uses the stock caged needle roller bearing?

Basically yes, I had a local company make it who sent it off to get hardened which cost £80 a batch or just 1 item. They waited until they had a load of stuff to send so they only charged me £30 for the job. You could remove the bearing fill the hole then fit a smaller roller bearing in the centre for the bolt to run through.  :tu

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, clivegto said:

Basically yes, I had a local company make it who sent it off to get hardened which cost £80 a batch or just 1 item. They waited until they had a load of stuff to send so they only charged me £30 for the job. You could remove the bearing fill the hole then fit a smaller roller bearing in the centre for the bolt to run through.  :tu

Yes, that makes sense. Remove the stock needle roller and replace it with a new caged ball race bearing with the same o/d but with an i/d the same size as the bolt hole.

8 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Yes, that makes sense. Remove the stock needle roller and replace it with a new caged ball race bearing with the same o/d but with an i/d the same size as the bolt hole.

Just fill it with billet aluminium weld it in then fit small roller bearing in the centre. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Marc clayton said:

Think I’m gunna sell the billets they ain’t my thing 

036CEAEB-91BE-48A0-B4C1-097B3D156202.jpeg

9ECC375F-8985-4EE2-9C62-60EB1B0D90C5.jpeg

I had some similar billet yokes re-sculptured by GSXRsam on his CNC mill. The difference is staggering cosmetically, and came with a near 50% weight loss. So maybe don't get rid so quickly.....

24 minutes ago, Dezza said:

I had some similar billet yokes re-sculptured by GSXRsam on his CNC mill. The difference is staggering cosmetically, and came with a near 50% weight loss. So maybe don't get rid so quickly.....

I’d possibly keep them if they were the right width, but the are far too wide for my liking and the spacers that someone had put in the front wheel are made of shite, so

think I’ll be flogging them, not sure on worth, I’d rather do a swap for a std slingy rwu front spindle and spacers 

and a slabbie rear swing arm and spacers 

And slabbie engine mounts I’m also missing