Trick frame

Matt1975

It looks like the tank's off of a mass produced sportsbike and the frame has been made to fit, rather than the tank made to fit the frame. All of the well-known frame makers concur with ii) not i). It's also not got a 'matching' swingarm. This suggests the frame is probably some sort of one-off, but it looks well-done from the pics. More close-ups needed though, especially to determine the quality of the welding.

All depends on how much. It's not worth anywhere near as much as a Spondon/Harris alloy frame or similar. Someone was having trouble selling a Saunders and Lewis frame kit on eb@y that seemed to go for ~2500, which is a steal for a frame from a bona fide maker. This gives you much leverage with the seller. It's worth what anyone's prepared to pay but personally I wouldn't be allowing my wallet-moths to see the light of day for anything over 500 and that's pushing it as it's a gamble, especially  if no frame number/V5. I have 2 frame kit bikes already so if you really want such a bike then the value to you is different, and subjective.

That's the conundrum. Overall it looks half decent, they've got the big bits right but then stumbled at getting the small but important bits right.

If you have time, patience and access to a good Ali welder ( just in case any need redoing ) then it could be a bargain............or a nightmare.

It puzzles me why there is such a mismatch on quality, they got the tube bending and jigging right then made a poor job of welding it together.

• Like 1

In my (usually relatively ignorant) opinion, the seller is being completely unrealistic in his valuation but we see that all the time and not just with bike-related stuff. It may be worth 2500 to someone though although given the time it took to sell that S & L job, we may not be around to witness it happen:).

In the link R1GUY posted, the current seller had the intention on cleaning up the welds on the head stock.

It doesnt look that happened.

From what i see it has no registrations of paperwork.

Without that... it is track day use only.

I think that would put me off. 

I doubt getting it registered as a road bike is easy otherwise it would have it already