ET headlight cowl

TonyGee

6 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

@fiberman might be able to knock out a few of them in fiberglass. Look simple enough to produce. I'd imagine that these would sell like hotcakes.

9 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

It's to do with what address you have set as your primary address.

You probably need an E.U. proxy address as it won't show if the seller set the listing as E.U. only. I have half a dozen proxy addresses and you'd be amazed what comes up and doesn't come up depending on what address is set as primary.;)

that'll probably explain my problem, cheers J.D.   yeah i was gona suggest that about someone making them, could make a few quid :tu 

• Like 1

I think the time has passed for cheap bits being available for/from '70s and '80s bikes, particularly stuff like ETs which had a short production run. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing depends on if you have stuff or want stuff I suppose.

I have some bits squirrelled away to use on the ET rebuilds, but even the spares won't be sold purely because if I needed them down the line I either wouldn't be able to get them or they'd cost a fortune.

The scarcity of the bikes also make pattern parts unlikely as there just isn't enough bikes around to create the demand necessary to make doing it worthwhile.

1 hour ago, imago said:

I think the time has passed for cheap bits being available for/from '70s and '80s bikes, particularly stuff like ETs which had a short production run. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing depends on if you have stuff or want stuff I suppose.

I have some bits squirrelled away to use on the ET rebuilds, but even the spares won't be sold purely because if I needed them down the line I either wouldn't be able to get them or they'd cost a fortune.

The scarcity of the bikes also make pattern parts unlikely as there just isn't enough bikes around to create the demand necessary to make doing it worthwhile.

yeah i here what you are saying,  the bike im building isn't an ET but im using ET tank/tail and side panels, just thought it would look right with the proper headlight and clocks.  but as you say its not gona be cheap to get the bits i want.  maybe down the line somat might turn up cheap :S    

34 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

yeah i here what you are saying,  the bike im building isn't an ET but im using ET tank/tail and side panels, just thought it would look right with the proper headlight and clocks.  but as you say its not gona be cheap to get the bits i want.  maybe down the line somat might turn up cheap :S    

They do turn up, but you have to keep looking. Sometimes they'll be listed with stuff in a clear out "Suzuki GSX parts" type of listing, garage clearance after a bereavement etc.

Maybe there should be an OSS parts register for when people drop of their perch? "In the event of my death, let it be known that my garage/shed/unit contains the following Suzuki unobtanium ...." xD

My Mrs would recognise the complete shiny bike, but the other two in bits would probably go for scrap. O.o

1 hour ago, imago said:

They do turn up, but you have to keep looking. Sometimes they'll be listed with stuff in a clear out "Suzuki GSX parts" type of listing, garage clearance after a bereavement etc.

Maybe there should be an OSS parts register for when people drop of their perch? "In the event of my death, let it be known that my garage/shed/unit contains the following Suzuki unobtanium ...." xD

My Mrs would recognise the complete shiny bike, but the other two in bits would probably go for scrap. O.o

thanks for that, are you feeling ill and where do you live ? :D

• Like 4
On 1/6/2021 at 6:45 PM, TonyGee said:

does anyone know if you can get an after market headlight cowl for the ET's ?  looks like second hand ones are like hens teeth in the UK ,  some in the USA but silly money !!!!!  

Why not speak to the chap who’s making glass fibre ET drag race tanks on the ‘Bay?