Mikuni RS Flat Slider Float Bowl Vent

@kiwisuzuki1100nzto be fair 10.13 only refers to oil and oil mists which takes into account the air box drain but since you don't have that maybe you could check with your clubs tech rep or rider rep to get a call on that. Most track days don't go to that depth of checks, my experience, is only comp events. I suspect that there are some local interpretations which is why MNZ clarified the classic's requirements for shark fins and engine catch tanks.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Lachie04 said:

@HWBthere's no performance thing is a racing regulation to drain fuel float bowls and breather over hear. Which means a catch tank needs to be lower than the carbs to work and not a lot of space to do that

Thanks for explanation, say what now!? 1460 said it was a fueling thing that cant be replicated on the dyno thats why i asked. Cheers

9 hours ago, HWB said:

Thanks for explanation, say what now!? 1460 said it was a fueling thing that cant be replicated on the dyno thats why i asked. Cheers

if you have high speed air flow around the vent, it can cause a depression around the vent tube, which can change the level in the float bowl, and how the fuel is drawn up the main jet. You  don't get the high speed air flow on a dyno.  You can get the same effect on poorly designed airboxes. 

10 hours ago, dupersunc said:

if you have high speed air flow around the vent, it can cause a depression around the vent tube, which can change the level in the float bowl, and how the fuel is drawn up the main jet. You  don't get the high speed air flow on a dyno.  You can get the same effect on poorly designed airboxes. 

To eliminate this potential problem, for those of us that do not have to route the pipes to some sort of catch tank, what length hose has to be fitted to each vent spigot?

9 hours ago, Dezza said:

To eliminate this potential problem, for those of us that do not have to route the pipes to some sort of catch tank, what length hose has to be fitted to each vent spigot?

Most bikes won't have an issue, it's really only when you start pissing about with airboxes.  I'd avoid running pipes on them unless you a specifc problem, or the rules say you have to, in that case run them into a bottle tucked away in the beely or behind the fairing. the length of hose has no bearing on anything in this case.

• Like 1