Heavy clutch

Brian foord

17 hours ago, Brian foord said:

I have  re routed cable with standard style cable it’s made a big improvement. Got new clutch springs and plates on the way. As I think it’s got heavy duty springs  as I seem to remember the previous owner saying he fitted them because the clutch was slipping a bit 

Rerouted how?

• 5 months later...
On 12/28/2020 at 9:03 PM, dago said:

I found this made the most difference https://www.suzukiperformancespares.co.uk/product/ape-suzuki-forward-clutch-cable-kit/650/  straighter and shorter cable run made s lot of difference. I tried the hydraulic thing but the effort was the same & it either dragged or slipped as the travel was not enough

Unfortunately does not fit stock clutch cover due toil filler cap.

At the risk of sounding like "Mister Obvious"...   I suspect a few owners upgrading to heavy clutch springs, may be chasing the wrong problem.  If the clutch is truly worn out, it should be rebuilt.  Could it be sometimes, an owner "up-grades" to a "better" engine oil which causes the clutch to slip.  The engine oils our air cooled Suzuki engines were designed to use, are very basic compared to what is on the market today.  Clutches work by friction; lubricate too well and they won't work properly.  I normally use an auto parts store's brand, no thrills, 10W-40.  [Note to OSS staff: this is not an endorsement of any particular brand of oil which would be a blatant violation of forum rules.]   

On 12/30/2020 at 12:36 AM, coombehouse said:

I have just made a bracket similar to this but it was more complicated as I have a breather coming from the oil filler hole. I used a standard length 1100et cable & I can confirm the pull is much lighter even with hd springs fitted. Next step is to fit 3 oe springs. 

This is exactly what l'm looking for where can I purchase one I just can't route my cable since all my modified bars etc.

Any advice would be great, many thanks.