GSXR 750 Slabside engine swap options

Bobby

Hi all, I have acquired a 750 slabside with a 750 motor, Now I am thinking of either using the 750 motor or potentially putting a 1200 bandit lump in. What's peoples thoughts, does the bandit 1200 motor go in easy with the frame not being able to detach at the RH lower part or are their any alternatives.   thank you in advance

Bottom rear mounts on the Blandit 12 are larger so either a sleeve in the case or enlargement of the engine mount holes are needed. The 1100/1200 engines are taller than the 750s and this may present some clearance problems with certain carb/carb rubber combinations further down the line.

5 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Awesome, how does it ride? what year motor is it? do they all fit? 

No idea how it rides-not finished yet  but with ported head, yoshi cams, wiseco 1216 pistons, mikuni rs36 carbs and micron pipe I expect it’ll go ok :tu.

And no idea what year motor it is. Never bothered to look ,I’m sure I could work it out from engine numbers if I get a chance to look.

On 12/23/2020 at 4:39 PM, clivegto said:

My one is awesome to ride, it's my favorite bike of all time to ride. 1216cc turbo, carbon wheels, ohlins suspension, aluminium tank. FB_IMG_1608741210960.thumb.jpg.ed37d1863f66c3c57a85872645c2a4df.jpg

Thats awesome nice work. My 1100 slabbie turbo build will be done next year now but after will be this 750 frame slabbie