Bandit 1200 MK2 Stage 1 Dynojet?

motopsycho87

Hi all, recently bought myself a 2002 1200S, only mod is a full exhaust with baffle installed. I've also bought a Piper cross filter to put in.

There was a horrible flat spot so I opened the air screws from 2.5 to 4 turns and that's pretty much removed it, but I had already ordered a Dynojet stage 1 kit before I read that everybody seems to hate them.

So I'm not going to sell the kit as I got it cheap but can someone please advise me what a good setting with it would be? It seems that the mains are all smaller than the stock 100 mikuni jet, so does the needle have a sharper taper that makes it richer at higher openings? (I have 2 stroke needles that require a much smaller main due to thinner needle point).

Also seeing how the kit doesn't come with pilots, would the standard mikuni 15 suffice? I'm guessing the exhaust is what forced me from standard to 4 turns out, would it be able to handle a free flowing filter?

Welcome to OSS.

First pop over to General and say hi and free when you're there ;)

4 turns out is a lot, O.o I'm not got a set of gsxr750 38mm carbs set that much. Don't know what the standard settings are on a 2002 bike (bit new for me xD

Some people like DJ kits and some don't, me I think the work very well but to get the best results you do need to find out if a stage 1, 2 or 3 is best.

If you're running a aftermarket zorst with baffled and can and going to use a free flowing air filters, I'd look at more a stage 2