Boost controllers and rideability

rerb

Hi, I've been busy pricing out everything I need for my turbo project, buying a plenum, fabricating headers, ect. On Amazon I found an AEM "tru-boost" controller solenoid, which electronically keeps the wastegate shit until boost pressure is reached, making the turbo spool faster without leaking boost through the wastegate. (You all probably know this, just typing it out).

I was curious if anyone has experience running something like this, and can comment on how  it would affect rideability. My concern is having too dramatic of a spool-up, biting me in the ass in corners or street riding. 

Looking forward to peoples opinions on this, thanks. 

If this is your first turbo build - don't over complicate things with add on bollux!

KISS - you will have enough to work through without extra's that aren't needed! Get it running properly first, learn with it on lower boost, understand what's happening then increase the boost. These 'cheap' boost controls are aimed at the 'go faster' car boyz who aren't likely to suffer big consequences with an extra 1/2 bar boost instantly!