fuel tap alternatives

billyam998

Probably been done to death already but, my limited searching has not found anything. Can anyone advise on alternatives to the OEM vacuum tap - GSXR1100M, I have had a pingel fitted and, either its been fitted wrong - 180 degrees out or there are deeper issues, it currently hits / touches on the oil feed to the cam cover, the adaptor plate is offset but, I'm not sure why the shop decided to fit it so that it was closer not further away from the engine - is the hole in the tank offset as well? Obviously I need to remove the tnk to investigate but, I was wondering what everyone elses experiences were and, how the improved upon the acknowledged dreadful vaccuum tap.

I ran a Pringle tap with  with a thicker diameter rubber spacer at the rear of the tank until it started leaking ,  binned it and went to a pipe straight out the tank with an inline fuel  tap , no future fuel starvation issues  pending any planned engine work 

( wizzy pop ) 

now running similar set up on current build ,  

8418B7FA-FD4A-4BB4-97D2-ADEDC2DE996E.jpeg

• Like 1
On 12/11/2020 at 8:07 PM, Wee Man said:

On mine, I put a washer under the tank mounts to give a bit more clearance.  When I fitted mine, I spent a bit of time getting the rotation of the tap in the right place for max clearance.  

The tap adaptor plates are offset to allow it to (just) clear the engine. 

update, I have tried the tap either way around, forward it hits in the head, rearward it hits on the carb top, the shop that installed it, had packed the rubbers  at the rear of the tank but, this in turn was causing the lugs for the side panels to be out of position stressing the lugs, more investigation required.  

• Like 1