where to get yoshi pison rings?

Niloc

What's the plan? Replace all four sets of rings or just the one that broke.  Are you going to re-hone the bores?  I would think four sets of rings would probably be close to 1/4 to 1/3 of the cost of a complete set of pistons, rings and gasket from a company like Weisco.  Then you would have the new bore charges as well if you went 1166. 

I have a 40 year old set of 1134 Yosh pistons that need rings as well. Got about 80K miles out of them.    I'm in no hurry as they are currently replaced with an 1166 kit.   There's a drag racer, engine builder member of the Girl's Blouse site named RapidRay that told me he could get them made.  He's near LA.  A few years ago  He thought between $100 to $150 for a set of four.  

Reinhoud there is link to a uk distributor so thats a possibility I suspect having some made will be expense though. Isleoman I did think of getting a whole wiseco kit its about £600 sterling plus the rebore. Not had engineering work done before so not sure who I would trust down here in south wales to do it but thats a backstop option for me as moneys a bit tight. Johnr sorry to hear of your big bang , just how many spare Kat bits do you have? You must have a hell of a big shed. My Yoshi cylinders are for 74mm bores the same as Wiseco 74mm pistons I assume so thinking I could use Wiseco Pistons in the Yoshi block as its pretty round according to my measurements. Thinking I could get away with a DIY hone. Kiwi I will measure the Yoshi rings and compare them to the details in the Eblag add good spot, might be lucky. Ideally would like to keep the  Yoshi pistons if possible they have little PopY markings embossed on them but thats the problem with old non standard performance parts, cant get the service parts. . Thanks for all the suggestions to help keep the old girl on the road.

Niloc

• Like 1
On 12/10/2020 at 6:47 AM, Niloc said:

Reinhoud there is link to a uk distributor so thats a possibility I suspect having some made will be expense though. Isleoman I did think of getting a whole wiseco kit its about £600 sterling plus the rebore. Not had engineering work done before so not sure who I would trust down here in south wales to do it but thats a backstop option for me as moneys a bit tight. Johnr sorry to hear of your big bang , just how many spare Kat bits do you have? You must have a hell of a big shed. My Yoshi cylinders are for 74mm bores the same as Wiseco 74mm pistons I assume so thinking I could use Wiseco Pistons in the Yoshi block as its pretty round according to my measurements. Thinking I could get away with a DIY hone. Kiwi I will measure the Yoshi rings and compare them to the details in the Eblag add good spot, might be lucky. Ideally would like to keep the  Yoshi pistons if possible they have little PopY markings embossed on them but thats the problem with old non standard performance parts, cant get the service parts. . Thanks for all the suggestions to help keep the old girl on the road.

Niloc

Nah, it was the normal price to have them made..