Custom sprocket

Joseph

Hey 

Does anyone know of a straightforward supplier who can produce custom sprockets without making 500 ?

The situation is :

- 1980 GSX 1100

- sling engine 

- slab fork and wheels 

problem is, since the gearing of the sling box and slab box are not the same, the baselines of the OE sprocket kit are not identical, and the PCD of the sprocket carrier not being the same, means 

- i can't fit a sling sprocket on the slab carrier

- i can't find off the shelf a slab 51 tooth sprocket for the slab carrier 

Unless there is another carrier i could use but i doubt it i think the slab one is quite specific

Edited by Joseph

If you do not need an offset sprocket then sprocket blanks are freely available and these can then be drilled/machined to fit your carrier:). If you need an offset rear sprocket, then Talon will make these although they take ages to do so and they are not cheap. I had one done about 10 years ago and it was 75 quid then:(.

• Like 1

Ah didn't know that one it's better to use than the french one i go to usually

Didn't know the small bandits had the same pcd but that said the biggest available is 48 teeth.

Looks like there won't be any off the shelf options unfortunately

Had i kept 17 inch tyres i would be fine, but ¬¬

I'm struggling with what your issue is.    Slingshot and slabbie 750 have the same gear ratios in the box.  Slabbies and j/k sling shots have the same sprocket fitment,

L/M slinhshots have a different sprocket fitment but again the internal gearing is the same.

1100 slabbies and 1100k also had same sprocker fitment, but different gearing.

you can get 14/15/16t front sprockets from virtually anywhere, and 43-45-48 rear sprokets were all factory fit to various models in your bolt pattern on the rear.

Why do you need custom sprockets?

Edited by dupersunc
  • Like 1