GSX750ES REVS SUPER HIGH AVTER INSTALLING CARBS

SATANSAM

7 hours ago, TonyGee said:

try turning them in, when an engine is idling smooth and you screw them in the idle will drop. thats when you screw them back out to get the mixture somewhere near, it might help but it might cause a flat spot !!!   im just grasping at straws now :S

So damn frustrating! By the way, I made a proper compression teat opening the throttle totally with warm engine, all cylinder 160psi except for cyl 3 that has 150psi. 

Well, I'm getting there....I separated the airbox and clogged 1 air jet with my finger and the bike changed so much (to good). Manual says it must use #155 air jets, and it's got #190 air jets (seems like all gsx750es carbs have 190 in Spain for some reason), so I'm ordering 4 x #155 air jets, pretty sure I'll be able to sync the carbs without the bike revving like a drunk angry ex girlfriend. Morning! 

IMG_20210309_200038.jpg

IMG_20210309_200101.jpg

1 hour ago, Shakey225 said:

That sounds like a potential new line of inquiry - keep going!

Yep! And I've got so many air jets at home that I'm going to clog 4 of them with flux, tin and a small flame (solder basically) and drill with a 1,30mm drill to start wirh (as the hole will be bigger than #130...around #140 or so) Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

The air jets didn't make much difference, the needles are all in middle position, all jets are correct, diaphragms like new, height floats correct, orings new,.... Re cleaning this set of carbs to be 110% that it's not a dirty carb issue... After that, if nothing changes, I'll check valve clearence AGAIN. 

IMG-20210311-WA0041.jpeg

IMG-20210311-WA0026.jpeg

IMG-20210311-WA0033.jpeg

IMG-20210311-WA0038.jpeg

IMG-20210311-WA0048.jpeg

Found the issue HEAD GASKET :| Found a bit of oil between exhausts 4 and 3, sprayed contact cleaner and up she went, sprayed again and up she went again...Only there, and it's carb 3 the one with less vacuum and less compression. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanx 4 everything folx, I've bloody well learnt how to clean a carb!!! 

IMG_20210315_184817.jpg

IMG_20210315_184805.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SATANSAM said:

Found the issue HEAD GASKET :| Found a bit of oil between exhausts 4 and 3, sprayed contact cleaner and up she went, sprayed again and up she went again...Only there, and it's carb 3 the one with less vacuum and less compression. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanx 4 everything folx, I've bloody well learnt how to clean a carb!!! 

IMG_20210315_184817.jpg

IMG_20210315_184805.jpg

Well well well. Congratulations on getting to the root of the problem! I never would have guessed h/g. Good thinking to spray around the area too.

That was quite a ride!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, SATANSAM said:

NOpe, anchor bolts are too long/high to get the cylinder head out.

I'm confused? Head is secured by studs and nuts, once the studs and washers are off you only need to lift the head about 2" to remove. Usually the pain is the cam chain tensioner blades but they all give in eventually. Many heads removed in frame on many bikes so it is definitely possible.

• 2 weeks later...