GSX750ES REVS SUPER HIGH AVTER INSTALLING CARBS

SATANSAM

You do know why there are only 3 adjuster screws right?

They are balance screws. The one on the far left balances carb 1 an 2. The one on the far right balances 3 and 4 and the one in the middle balances the two pairs.

If you don't do it in that order you can go round in circles for a while. 

Definitely start with a compression test and make sure valve clearances are in spec if you can.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:16 PM, KATANAMANGLER said:

You do know why there are only 3 adjuster screws right?

They are balance screws. The one on the far left balances carb 1 an 2. The one on the far right balances 3 and 4 and the one in the middle balances the two pairs.

If you don't do it in that order you can go round in circles for a while. 

Definitely start with a compression test and make sure valve clearances are in spec if you can.

Thanx katana, yes, but the carbs couldn't get balanced caused by an air leak in through a faulty head gasket, cylinder 3 (refference carb without sync screw) had had L the air leak, hanging idle, so to have all carbs synced to refference carb (too much air in it) meant bike hanging. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Never seen anyone use grease for a headgasket but can't imagine any reason not to use it, nor that it will cause problems! As it is less compressible than a normal sealant, thick grease 'could' stop full clamping force being applied but a thin smear - don't sweat it!

Thanx Gix, I should simply stick to the manual instead of taking any notice of the asshles that come round the garage with beer..."They are all top level mechanix"....

On 4/20/2021 at 3:01 PM, SATANSAM said:

Motor in, carbs on, exhaust and start carb job...But,I might of done something wrong, usin grease on head gasket...A friend told me it's good, but as far as I'm reading around its not :( Can this be fatal? The gasket is a 3 metal player one. Cheerz folx. 

IMG_20210415_210343.jpg

I know a few people that will recommend grease on the head gasket. Thin layer is meant to help it seat and any excess will just dissipate when running. 

• Like 1

Well NO, I haven't fixed it hahaha it's better after the new gasket but that fckn problem, having the bike at bout 2000rpm when correctly synchronized is still there...I might have to try with 4 bigger pilot jets as it might be running lean.... Bah donow. Please insult me, I deserve it. 

I'm an monkey in a garage, but a part from that, I sprayed brake cleaner in a carb without airbox on, and with box on through filter and the bike reved down instantly, and all mix screws are 2 turns out. Loox like it could be lean setting in pilot jets...Gotta try. 

Thanx Swiss! And yes Tony, man, the only way I can get the bike lower the revs is having the fuel screws 1 turn out or less, but of course, when I blimp the throttle revs come back t down slowly... Turns should be round 2 turns out... Well, money in new jets. Thanx amigos

• 2 weeks later...

Wassap amigos!

Still having the same mthrfckn problem...Tried leaner jets and the same hanging idle BUT spluttering around a bit, so jets back to 45 like manual sais.

Now, as I've got all carbs set perfectly and sealed (Even original throttle shaft seals), everything clean...I read  from a guy that after having the same blimming problem as me, months later his friend told him to raise the floats 1mm from what manual sais...I'm gonna try it, mine sais 22,44mm...Now they are about 22,65 as manual let's a 1mm play, I'm setting them to 23,44mm aprox and see what the heck happens!

1 hour ago, Blubber said:

Please step back and look at what you are trying to do.

increasing that value lowers the fluid level.

Carefully study enclosed picture to understand what i am saying.

unnamed.jpg

Yes I understand that, and of course measured without the gasket, but seems like my bike is running rich? Like if I had the choke on (all 4 chokes are clean and sealed). Hanging idle is synonymous if LEAN MIX, but: COULD THERE BE HANGING IDLE CAUSED BY A RICH MIX? Like if the needle seat leaked...My bike looks like is running rich. Thanx Blubber!

On 5/7/2021 at 2:44 PM, TonyGee said:

I can't see the float heights causing the hanging idle ? but yeah it will effect the mixture. ive seen floats set at all different heights and it would idle ok.  but its worth a try I suppose ;)  

Yep TOny U R right...Tried them high and low...Nothing happened...I've got the carbs AGAIN in UCleaner, acetone with water and fairy...And then gonna fillem woth Motul carb cleaner...CRAZY. 

Can you borrow another similar set of carbs from a bike with the same carb spacings so you can be 100% your woes are due to the carbs? I understand that the 750ES isn't that common a model but a set of known-to-be-good similar sized BS carbs from another Suzuki or even a Kawasaki may go on and if so, this may help you retain your sanity if the bike then runs OK :).