GSX750ES REVS SUPER HIGH AVTER INSTALLING CARBS

SATANSAM

18 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

you can take the complete airbox off and it won't make the idle hang,  it can effect the running though. 

Argh....Man....Well, I'll install them tomorrow, AFTER re-re-re-re-recleaning carbs, specially pilot circuit...I think....I don't know how to think.....

Only way to properly clean the pilot jet circuits is ultrasonically imho.

Which you haven't done yet you say.

Also air leak on the airfilter side of the carb wont make that much difference  when not under load , would on the cylinder head side tho.

Puddy  :)

Edited by Pudzrx
  • Like 1

If you can’t get them dipped in the ultrasonic tank, see if you can get hold of some Yamaha Carb Cleaner. Follow the instructions. Choke on. Hold throttle wfo, hit the starter for maybe 20 seconds, and it gets drawn into system. I tried all kinds of cleaners, and this is the only one that shifts all that gum, laquer ect. Get the black bottle/red label type. Yellow label, no good!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

If you can’t get them dipped in the ultrasonic tank, see if you can get hold of some Yamaha Carb Cleaner. Follow the instructions. Choke on. Hold throttle wfo, hit the starter for maybe 20 seconds, and it gets drawn into system. I tried all kinds of cleaners, and this is the only one that shifts all that gum, laquer ect. Get the black bottle/red label type. Yellow label, no good!

Thanx Toni! I'll have a look online...It's got to be black petrol gum in there like most of you say.

Got all the jets soaking in apple vinegar while waiting for the 20 bux ultrasonic cleaner :v All diaphragms out, got the carbs full of carb cleaner, got thing guitar strings through the carb "tunnels", compressed air, more carb cleaner....Can't find that yamaha carb cleaner easily...We'll see what happens! 

If you strip your carbs completely to remove ALL rubber and plastic, you can then soak the metal bits overnight in a mixture of cellulose thinners and acetone. This will cause the varnish to quickly evacuate your carbs. It will also do the same to the local fire brigade from their station if extreme care is not taken thoughO.o I have used this method several times before and it works well. You need a sealed container (not plastic) or otherwise much of the (highly volatile) solvent will evaporate.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Dezza said:

If you strip your carbs completely to remove ALL rubber and plastic, you can then soak the metal bits overnight in a mixture of cellulose thinners and acetone. This will cause the varnish to quickly evacuate your carbs. It will also do the same to the local fire brigade from their station if extreme care is not taken thoughO.o I have used this method several times before and it works well. You need a sealed container (not plastic) or otherwise much of the (highly volatile) solvent will evaporate.

Thanx Dez, good tip! THe thing is that I completely removed carbs about a month ago to change the fuel pipe orings but didn't do a deep clean....But I've got another set of carbs separated....I'll give them a try ;) Cheers m8

1 hour ago, SATANSAM said:

Thanx Dez, good tip! THe thing is that I completely removed carbs about a month ago to change the fuel pipe orings but didn't do a deep clean....But I've got another set of carbs separated....I'll give them a try ;) Cheers m8

Should be easy then and all the screws should come out OK. I think I can disassemble my EFE carbs completely in about 30min flat seeing as I have had so much practice.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Should be easy then and all the screws should come out OK. I think I can disassemble my EFE carbs completely in about 30min flat seeing as I have had so much practice.

Yep, worst scenario will be getting those stripped ones into this ultrasonic thing individually, everything....We're getting there...But, if what is wrong would of been the motor I WOULD OF THROWN THE WHOLE THING DOWN THE CLIFF, CARBS INCLUDED.

Well, a lot shit came out of the jets with the lidl fryer, and had carbs soaked in vinegar, break cleaner, universal degreaser, and God knows what else... The fact is that loox like the thing is working...Now I can lower the idle by shutting mixture screwO.oWell, might be the scoth they gave today...:v