Multi spoke wheels

Stewart750

Front it's going to depend on what forks you are using, especially axial v radial. If radial then your spacing between the discs is fixed so mixing and matching a wheel, discs and forks from different bikes becomes much more difficult. For the back, try and find a 5.5" rim as an et is going to need the chain run moving out and you're going to need all the clearance you can get between the outside edge of the chain and the inner frame tube. Personally, I think obtaining set of wheels and discs from a bike like a Ducati 749/999 series would be the way to go as some (not all) had a 5.5" wheel. My guess is the sprocket carrier will still need major surgery or even a new sprocket carrier will need to be made in order to get the chain run right. Maybe narrow the wheel choice down to certin models then see which ones have sprocket carrier designs that will enable machining and which ones don't. This could save a major headache in the future.

Lie this you mean, the forks ares slingshot so same fitment as b12 front wheel, they are aprillier wheels, i made them fit then was going to buy the forged OZ ones, but chickened out when i realised how much they were.!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

This was not Plug and Play, as the youngsters say, it was  lot of spacer making and fettling but i did it all with a small Chinese lathe.:tu

OLxo71c.jpg

Pe4hN48.jpg

sJRmTAG.jpg

BbGrID6.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stewart750 said:

Yes exactly like them however I was going to attempt keeping the b12 front forks as there rwu, don't really want USDs on a et, and I imagined it was going to be alot of tampering for it to work, didn't know if there was old school wheels like 18s that were multi spoke that might work 

Like i said the wheel that was in those USD's was a bandit 1200 front so the fork spacing and spindles and stuff is the same, so it could be done, :tu

6 minutes ago, Stewart750 said:

That's not a bad shout, was it a nightmare to fit the wheels? 

Rear spindle is 20mm so not really a issue, front powerscreen spindle is 17mm and wheel is 20mm, haven't decided on drilling the powerscreen leg out or sleeve it, b12/slingy/rf9 all 20mm spindle ;)but the above i had living around

Edited by Swirl
1 minute ago, Swirl said:

Rear spindle is 20mm so not really a issue, front powerscreen spindle is 17mm and wheel is 20mm, haven't decided on drilling the powerscreen leg out or sleeve it

I also bought a rolling cbr600f2 chassis for 100 pound not so long ago for the running gear for a 2 stroke triple project beginning with K 

Edited by Swirl