gsx1100 engines

TonyGee

2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

But the Katana rods are stronger - racers usually will strip a crank to fit them - 493 - is the number. If you go that far then swaping pistons for smaller pins is a given anyway!

True. But maybe worth of adding that EFE/1150 rods are still pretty strong too. So this shouldn't be any real concern except the on the most radical builds.

On 11/25/2020 at 1:20 AM, Dezza said:

Suzuki quote the power output of a stock 1100 EFE engine as higher than that of an 1100 slabside or 1200 Blandit so it's not always about max hp numbers. The power delivery of the aircooled lump is 'intoxicating' , especially the mid-range. Try finding a good one though or even a knackered one now without having to buy a whole bike.

Indeed, it's not always about high hp numbers... 

2 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

Indeed, it's not always about high hp numbers... 

yeah thats true, i think a 1200 bandit engine in a naked bike is plenty, they are good for 140mph but who at nearly 60 can handle that speed without a fairing ?  i know i can't.  but having the low/mid range grunt is  great ;)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TonyGee said:

yeah thats true, i think a 1200 bandit engine in a naked bike is plenty, they are good for 140mph but who at nearly 60 can handle that speed without a fairing ?  i know i can't.  but having the low/mid range grunt is  great ;)

LOL's - you wouldn't like a properly tuned Bandit then - Moderate top end increase (150-160mph) but a mid range to die for (lift the front on the throttle upto 4th) and better fuel consumption than stock ! Its not what you do, its how well you do it!

1 minute ago, Gixer1460 said:

LOL's - you wouldn't like a properly tuned Bandit then - Moderate top end increase (150-160mph) but a mid range to die for (lift the front on the throttle upto 4th) and better fuel consumption than stock ! Its not what you do, its how well you do it!

to tell you the truth ive always been happy with a standard B12 engine but with a good can on.  i wouldn't mind a touch more and better fuel consumption but its not on my importance list,  im not a speed freak i just like the grunt, what is important though is a bike that looks the dogs danglies, handles pretty good and stops.  im a bit of a poser and like it when people look at the bike, and i even go past shop windows so i can see how it looks when im on it :S :D   yeah i know im a sad fucker O.o 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

im not a speed freak i just like the grunt, what is important though is a bike that looks the dogs danglies, handles pretty good and stops.  im a bit of a poser and like it when people look at the bike, and i even go past shop windows so i can see how it looks when im on it :S :D   yeah i know im a sad fucker O.o 

Nope , I'm just the same !

Puddy  :)