93 bait and switch

Hey gang. I work at a dealer and someone wanted to trade in a couple bikes. One of which was suppose to be a 92 Gsxr 750. Sweet I said! I'll take it sight unseen as I have a spare 1100 engine with 2mm overbore and high compression pistons along with a dot head to bolt on and swap in. Turns out it's a fecking 93. 

It's partially set up for drag racing. Well, it has extensions and the the front has been lowered. So they attempted to set it up. LoL

I got it cheap. 300 Canadian beavers. 

Might just keep it and beat it to death at the track. 

What kind of ¼ mile times do these things run?

How much giggle gas will they take before they pop?

What would you guys do??

20201113_121141.jpg

20201113_121131.jpg

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Swirl said:

Make the oil boiler fit

I thought of that but seems like a lot of work no?

From what I gather, mounts are different, frame interferes with exhaust, possible pet cock interference...

I'm open to it if it's not a huge undertaking. Don't want another "project" at this time.

Any links to browse and mull over would be appreciated

On 11/21/2020 at 2:40 PM, Joseph said:

In 92 the 750 was a waterboiler too anyway, so it's not like you didn't get what you could expect to get with the info you were given xD

they're good machines, just use it as is

Ya, i was aware that the 92 was watercooled in some markets but I always thought it was 93 for the first year in Canada. Gonna get it running and see whats what.  Pops the main fuse as soon as a battery is connected, so I'll sort that out and see how it is.  Might be cheap fun at the strip next year.  If it goes pop, Oh well, only cost me 300 maple bacons haha

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...